Assessment of the Risk of Inhibitor Formation in Previously Treated Patients With Severe Hemophilia A
Information source: Bayer
Information obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov on June 20, 2008
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
Condition(s) targeted: Hemophilia A
Intervention: Kogenate (BAY 14-2222) (Drug)
Phase: Phase 4
Sponsored by: Bayer
Official(s) and/or principal investigator(s):
Bayer Study Director, Study Director, Affiliation: Bayer
Most transient inhibitor formation, if any, will develop within the first 4 weeks. The study
is to further monitor whether participants with severe Hemophilia A will develop inhibitors
or antibodies at the later stage when switched from their current recombinant therapy
produced from Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) cell line to KogenateŽ-FS raised in a Baby Hamster
Kidney cell line.
Official title: Assessment of the Risk of Inhibitor Formation in Subjects With Severe Hemophilia A When Switched From a Replacement Therapy With a rFVIII Produced by a Chinese Hamster Ovary (CHO) Cell Line to a rFVIII Produced by a Baby Hamster Kidney (BHK) Cell Line (KogenateŽ FS).
Study design: Supportive Care, Non-Randomized, Open Label, Uncontrolled, Single Group Assignment, Safety Study
Primary outcome: The primary outcome is to evaluate whether a switch of replacement therapy from an rFVIII produced in a CHO cell line to an rFVIII produced in a BHK cell line is associated with a risk of inhibitor formation.
Secondary outcome: To quantify the risk of inhibitor formation, to assess the efficacy of the rFVIII-FS while on regular replacement therapy and to assess the quality-of-life (QoL) before and after the study.
Minimum age: 10 Years.
Maximum age: 60 Years.
- Subjects with severe hemophilia A (< 2% FVIII: C)
- Subjects with no history of FVIII inhibitor antibody formation
- Subjects with no measurable inhibitor activity
- Subjects with at least 200 EDs with FVIII concentrate in total, including 20 EDs in
the previous 6 months
- Subjects whose current treatment with any CHO rFVIII product
- Subjects with no elective surgery and/or continuous infusion FVIII administration is
foreseen during the study
- Subjects with normal prothrombin time (PT), partial thromboplastin time (PTT)
compatible with FVIII deficiency
- Written informed consent by subject and parent/legal representative, if < 18 years
- Subjects with any other bleeding disease beside hemophilia A (i,e., von Willebrand's
- Subjects who have known intolerance or allergic reactions to constituents of rFVIII-FS
or known hypersensitivity to mouse or hamster proteins
- Any individual with a past history of severe reaction(s) to FVIII concentrates
- Subjects on treatment with immunomodulatory agents within the last 3 months prior to
- Subjects who were receiving or had received other experimental drugs within 3 months
prior to study entry
- Subjects who require any medication for FVIII infusions
Locations and Contacts
Detroit, Michigan 48202, United States
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109, United States
Click here and search for drug information provided by the FDA
Click here and search for information on any recalls, market or product safety alerts by the FDA which might have occurred with this product
Click here to find results for studies related to marketed products
Starting date: May 2006
Ending date: October 2006
Last updated: June 2, 2008