Does Undercorrection of Myopia Retard Myopia Progression Among Kindergarten Children?
Information source: KK Women's and Children's Hospital
ClinicalTrials.gov processed this data on August 20, 2015
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
Condition(s) targeted: Refractive Error - Myopia
Intervention: cyclopentolate (Drug)
Phase: Phase 1
Sponsored by: KK Women's and Children's Hospital
Official(s) and/or principal investigator(s):
Quah Boon Long, Principal Investigator, Affiliation: Singapore National Eye Centre
The purpose of this study is to find out if undercorrection of myopia slow down the
progression of myopia in kindergarten children.
Official title: Does Undercorrection of Myopia Retard Myopia Progression Among Kindergarten
Study design: Allocation: Randomized, Intervention Model: Factorial Assignment, Masking: Double-Blind
Minimum age: 5 Years.
Maximum age: 6 Years.
1. Children of chinese descent aged 5 - 6yrs
2. Refractive error of - 1. 00 to -3. 00Ds
3. Less than 1. 50 astigmatism in each eye. (No oblique axis)
4. Visual acuity is 6/6 or better in both eyes.
5. No binocular problems, no anisometropia >1. 50D
6. Will be staying in S'pore for at least 2 years.
Locations and Contacts
Starting date: December 2005
Last updated: October 3, 2011