The purpose of this study is assess the safety and bioequivalence of a single oral dose of
carbidopa+levodopa+entacapone combination versus a single oral dose of carbidopa+levodopa
combination plus a single oral dose of entacapone under fasting conditions in healthy
Minimum age: 18 Years.
Maximum age: 55 Years.
- Healthy male and female subjects age 18 to 55 years of age included, and in good
- At Screening, and Baseline, vital signs (systolic and diastolic blood pressure and
pulse rate) will be assessed after the subject has rested for at least five (5)
minutes, and again when required after three (3) minutes in the standing position.
Vital signs should be within the normal ranges
- Body mass index (BMI) within the range of 18 to 27 and weigh at least 50 kg
- Female subjects must have undergone hysterectomy, or must be postmenopausal.
- History or presence of significant cardiovascular, pulmonary, hepatic, renal,
hematologic, gastrointestinal, endocrine, immunologic, dermatologic, neurologic, or
- History of malignancy of any organ system, treated or untreated, within the past 5
years whether or not there is evidence of local recurrence or metastases, with the
exception of localized basal cell carcinoma of the skin
- Receiving monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors within 28 days prior to the first dose
- A positive Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) or Hepatitis C test result
- History of clinically significant drug allergy or history of atopic allergy (asthma,
urticaria, eczematous dermatitis). A known hypersensitivity to the study drug or drugs
similar to the study drug.
- Significant illness within two weeks prior to dosing
- Subjects who, through completion of the study, would have donated in excess of: 500 mL
of blood in 14 days; 1500 mL of blood in 180 days; 2500 mL of blood in 1 year.
- History of immunodeficiency diseases, including a positive HIV (ELISA and Western
blot) test result.
- History of drug or alcohol abuse within the 12 months prior to dosing or evidence of
such abuse as indicated by the laboratory assays conducted during the screening or
- Women of child bearing potential ( WOCBP)
- History or presence of glaucoma or any suspicious undiagnosed skin lesions
Other protocol-defined inclusion/exclusion criteria may apply