Evaluate the Safety and Anti-Hypertensive Efficacy of Hyzaar(R) In Patients With Mild To Moderate Essential Hypertension
Information source: Merck
Information obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov on June 20, 2008
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
Condition(s) targeted: Hypertension
Intervention: MK0954A, hydrochlorothiazide (+) losartan potassium / Duration of Treatment: 12 Weeks (Drug)
Phase: Phase 3
Sponsored by: Merck
Official(s) and/or principal investigator(s):
Medical Monitor, Study Director, Affiliation: Merck
Evaluate the safety and anti-hypertensive efficacy of hyzaar(R) in patients with mild to
moderate essential hypertension.
Official title: Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability of Hyzaar(R) (Losartan 50 Mg/ Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 Mg) In the Treatment of Hypertension
Study design: Treatment, Non-Randomized, Open Label, Uncontrolled, Parallel Assignment, Safety/Efficacy Study
Blood pressure over 12 weeks
Safety and Tolerability.
Minimum age: 18 Years.
Maximum age: N/A.
- Patient is either receiving high blood pressure monotherapy or no treatment
- Patient will have reached the legal age by the time enter the study
- Patients diagnosed with mild to moderate essential high blood pressure or high blood
pressure with other conditions such as diabetes or cardiovascular diseases and are
taking high blood pressure medication (exclude diuretic), but did not meet treatment
- Patient with high levels of uric acid in the blood who has received medications for
uric acid in the urine within 3 months prior to enrollment
- Patients who are hypersensitive to any component of the study medication
- Patients who are hypersensitive to other sulfonamide-derived drugs
- Patients with anuria (hyzaar(R) is not recommended for patients with hepatic
impairment or severe renal impairment, creatinine clearance = 30 ml/min)
- Unstable diabetes (hba1c > 8%), or a change in diabetes medication during study
treatment. patients with stable diabetes may enter the study.
Locations and Contacts
Merck Sharp & Dohme (I.A.) Corp., Taipei 106, Taiwan
Starting date: September 2005
Last updated: February 2, 2007