This study will be a randomized study investigating the bioequivalence of COREG CR to its
components, COREG and Lisinopril (ZESTRIL). PK samples will be obtained throughout the study
to investigate the PK of COREG CR FDC to COREG and Lisinopril
Minimum age: 18 Years.
Maximum age: 55 Years.
- Adult males and females of non-child bearing potential who are between 18 to 55 years
of age, inclusively
- Body weight > 60 kg (132 lbs) and body mass index (BMI) between 19 and 33
- Any clinically relevant abnormality identified on the screening history, physical or
laboratory examination, or any other medical condition or circumstance making the
volunteer unsuitable for participation in the study.
- Subjects who metabolize carvedilol poorly based on CYP2D6 genotyping as determined at
- Treatment with any prescription or non-prescription drugs (including vitamins, herbal
and dietary supplements, as well as grapefruit-containing products) within 7 days or 5
half-lives prior to first dose of study medication and until the end of the study.
Treatment with any prescription drugs that are CYP2D6 inhibitors within 14 days prior
to the first dose of study medication until the end of the study. Excluded from this
list is acetaminophen at doses of ≤ 2 grams/day.
- Treatment with an investigational drug within 30 days or 5 half-lives (whichever is
longer) preceding Day 1 of Session 1.
- Exposure to more than four new chemical entities within 12 months prior to the first
- History of regular alcohol consumption exceeding 7 drinks/week for women or 14
drinks/week for men (1 drink = 5 ounces of wine or 12 ounces of beer or 1. 5 ounces of
hard liquor) within 6 months of screening.
- Positive urine drug screen (UDS) including alcohol at screening. A minimum list of
drugs that will be screened for include amphetamines, barbiturates, cocaine, opiates,
cannabinoids and benzodiazepines.
- Urine Na/creatinine ratio < 0. 1 meq/mg.
- Positive for Hepatitis B surface antigen or HIV.
- Women of child-bearing potential.
- Resting heart rate of ≤ 50 beats per minute (bpm) at screening.
- Any abnormalities as defined in the protocol on 12-lead ECG during screening
- Documented history of low blood pressure (average SBP ≤ 110 mm Hg and/or DBP ≤50 mm
Hg) or blood pressure below these values at time of screening.
- Orthostatic hypotension diagnosed at screening (orthostatic hypotension will be
defined as a reduction in systolic blood pressure of 20 mmHg or more and/or a
reduction in diastolic blood pressure of 10 mmHg or more for standing vs. supine
- Donation of blood in excess of 500 mL within a 56 day period, including ~478 mL of
blood drawn during this study.
- History of asthma, COPD and/or hypersensitivity to β-adrenergic blocking agents.
- History of sensitivity to heparin, heparin- induced thrombocytopenia, or sensitivity
to any of the study medications or components thereof.
- History of anaphylaxis or anaphylactoid reactions or severe allergic responses to
- History of angioedema.
- Unwillingness or inability to follow the procedures outlined in the protocol or
inability to provide written informed consent.
- History of sensitivity to carvedilol, lisinopril, alpha-blockers, beta-blockers or ACE