Minimum age: 18 Years.
Maximum age: 65 Years.
- Subjects will meet all of the following criteria within 30 days prior to first drug
administration(except inclusion #8)
- Healthy, surgically sterile (hysterectomy, bilateral oophorectomy) or postmenopausal
(for al least 1 year)female subjects, 18 to 65 years of age(inclusive)
- Indicate non-child bearing status by one of the following criteria:
Indication of successful hysterectomy. No spontaneous menses for al least 1 year, must
have luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone(FSH) levels within
Indication of successful bilateral oophorectomy.
- Body weight within 20% of the appropriate weight for the subject's height and frame
(as published in the 1983 Metropolitan Life Insurance Company Scale, Statistical
- Negative for:
HIV Hepatitis B surface antigen and Hepatitis C antibody Urine tests for drugs of abuse
(marijuana, amphetamines, barbiturates, cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines and methadone).
Serum HCG consistent with pregnancy.
- No significant disease or clinically significant findings in a physical examination.
- No clinically significant findings in vital signs measurements and a 12-lead
- Subjects who have received leflunomide within 4 months must have an
A77-1726(Metabolite) level below 0. 01ug/ml and no subsequent administration of
leflunomide since that test. Note: The 30 day screening limit does not apply to this
- Be informed of the nature of the study and given written consent prior to receiving
any study procedures.
- Subject fulfilling any of the following criteria will be excluded from the study.
- Known history or presence of any clinically significant medical condition.
- Known or suspected carcinoma.
- Known history or presence of:
- Hypersensitivity or idiosyncratic reaction to leflunomide and/or any other drug
substances with similar activity.
- Alcoholism within the last 12 months.
- Drug dependence and/ or substance abuse.
- On a special diet within 4 weeks prior to drug administration(e. g. liquid, protein,
raw food diet).
- Participated in another clinical trail or received an investigational product 30 days
prior to drug administration.
- Donated up to 250 ml of blood in the past 45 days OR donated from 250 ml to 500 ml in
the past 45 days OR donated 501 ml or more of blood in the past 56 days (based on the
Canadian Blood Services guideline for blood donation).
- Requirement of any medication (prescription and/ or over-the-counter) on a routine
basis, with the exception of hormonal replacement therapy, nutritional supplements
and/or occasional use of common analgesics.
- Difficulty fasting or consuming the standard meals.