Zetia (Ezetimibe) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Zetia (Ezetimibe) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 1 ratings/reviews, Zetia has an overall score of 9. The effectiveness score is 8 and the side effect score is 10. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Zetia review by 60 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   high cholestrol
Dosage & duration:   10mg/day taken ongoing for the period of ongoing
Other conditions:   knee osteoartritis
Other drugs taken:   glucosamine, multivitamins

Benefits:   My target was to have the a cholestrol reduction from 240 to under 200. I did not want want to take statins because I am not comfortable with drugs that inhibit normal metabolic processes. Evolution is parsimonius, and inhibition of any enzyme is likely to be reflected as an adverse effect in a seemingly unrelated area. Also, I did not want to take red yeast rice, which basically is a non-phrmaceutical grade of a statin. I liked the physical mode of action of Zetia. Within 6 months of starting treatment, my total cholesterol was down from to 200 and my HDL went up from 45 to 58.
Side effects:   I did not experience any perceptible side effects.
Comments:   See treatment benefits above. I take my daily dose of Zetia shortly after having my breakfast.