Vicoprofen (Hydrocodone / Ibuprofen) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Vicoprofen (Hydrocodone / Ibuprofen) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 1 ratings/reviews, Vicoprofen has an overall score of 7. The effectiveness score is 8 and the side effect score is 8. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Vicoprofen review by 38 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   oral infection
Dosage & duration:   7.5/200mg taken 1 every 4 to 6 hours 3 times a day for the period of For 5 days
Other conditions:   swelling

Benefits:   The benefits to the treatment was temporary relief of pain due to unknown infection in jaw area. Though no other drugs were taken to address the infection, the prescribed drug did alleviated the pain until the condition improved. Eventually a root canal was performed and I received a second prescription.
Side effects:   The only noticeable side effect was that I became drowsy when taking the drug and had to lay down throughout the day. As I was unable to work under these conditions, I did not have to perform usual task, therefore it is hard to measure what I would or would not have been able to do while taking the pain killer.
Comments:   I went to my dentist complaining of immense pain and swelling in my jaw area. An x-ray was performed and nothing could be detected. However, due to my symptoms, Hydrocodone/Ibuprofen was prescribed. I was sent home with a follow up visit scheduled. The swelling and pain decreased within a few days, I discontinued taking the drug and I was able to continue normal activities. However, approximately a week later the symptoms returns and I returned to dentist. This time the x-ray revealed a need for a root canal. I continued to use the remaining tablets until my root canal, when I received a second prescription of Hydrocodone/Ibuprofen which I only used a few of the 16 tablets prescribed.