Restoril (Temazepam) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Restoril (Temazepam) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 5 ratings/reviews, Restoril has an overall score of 7.80. The effectiveness score is 8.40 and the side effect score is 8.80. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Restoril review by 56 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Sleeplessness
Dosage & duration:   10mg taken half a tab 3 times a month for the period of 3 years
Other conditions:   0
Other drugs taken:   HRT

Benefits:   Sometimes it makes the difference to stress- related sleeplessness.
Side effects:   I am aware that it is habit-forming, so I use it less often than I would like. If I take it late at night, I can feel sleepy next day
Comments:   Swollow half a pill.

Restoril review by 31 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   sleep
Dosage & duration:   15mg taken nightly for the period of a few months

Benefits:   It is very effective for falling and staying asleep. Much more than over the counter medications.
Side effects:   a bit groggy in the morning. It usually wore off by 9am or so but I wouldn't recommend to anyone with a job that requires intense focus.
Comments:   Take one pill in needed before bed.

Restoril review by 32 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Insomnia
Dosage & duration:   10mg taken everyday for the period of A little over 2 weeks
Other conditions:   Lupus (SLE)
Other drugs taken:   Prednisolone, Azathiaprine, Plaquenil

Benefits:   Allowed me to fall asleep and stay asleep for the first week.
Side effects:   Drowsiness during the day, drowsiness and disorientation during the night after taking the tablet.
Comments:   I took one 10mg tablet every night and it was very effective for the first week or so. Then after the first week I found that one tablet wasn't very effective, I had trouble falling asleep and also woke up several times during the night. I took 2 tablets for the next few days and it worked well, but after that it wasn't working well anymore so I took 4 tablets one night. The sleep was very disturbed, I kept falling in and out of sleep all night, and felt extremely drowsy and disorientated. I discontinued the use of this drug immediately as I realized I had quickly built a tolerance to it and wasn't effective anymore, even with 40mg.

Restoril review by 47 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   insomnia
Dosage & duration:   10 mg taken once at night for the period of as needed

Benefits:   Induces a pleasant intense relaxation. Fall asleep easily but not feel super doped up or hungover in the morning. Prevents laboriously resetting body clock after an all night binge.
Side effects:   none
Comments:   Taken usually after 2 am when it's pretty obvious I will be up all night if I don't and i can't afford to muck up my day by sleeping in! Taken just before retiring - enough time between swallowing the thing and the effects to safely brush teeth and get changed for bed, read a few pages of a book.

Restoril review by 52 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   insomnia
Dosage & duration:   15 mg. taken when i couldn't sleep for the period of I take it a few nights in a row w

Benefits:   I need to take this medication a few nights in a row which seems to get my sleep cycle back in sync. After a few nights of sound sleep I can fall asleep quickly without the need for medication. My mind is able to stop its endless racing/
Side effects:   I have noticed that if I do not give myself at least eight hours of sleep time this medicaiton will cause me to be very groggy in the morning. I will have a difficult time awakening and getting myself moving. Others tell me I look like a zombie! So I know it's important to take the Rx w/in 15 minutes of lying awake in bed & not let too much time go by before I lose the 8 hours of sleeptime.
Comments:   I have found the best way to take this medication (once I've had a few nights of my mind racing & not being able to fall asleep) is to take 30 mg. a half hour before bedtime which causes a drowsy feeling even before falling into bed. A few ights of this procedure & my sleep cycle seems to get back on track & then I don't need the medication, until another cycle of sleeplessness creeps into my life!