Requip (Ropinirole) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Requip (Ropinirole) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 10 ratings/reviews, Requip has an overall score of 8.20. The effectiveness score is 8.80 and the side effect score is 8. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Requip review by 53 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Restless leg syndrome
Dosage & duration:   0.5 mg taken at bedtime for the period of 2 years
Other conditions:   Sleeplessness

Benefits:   While standing, my legs were fine, but aching, cramping legs were keeping me from getting any sleep. My doctor suggested I try Requip, and its been the best thing I have done.
Side effects:   I have experienced no side effects, except sleeping at night. The warning says that it might make you drowsy, but that's also why they say to take it at night.
Comments:   I take Requip about 1-1/2 to 2 hours before bedtime. It permits relaxation of legs so I can sleep.

Requip review by 53 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Restless leg syndrome
Dosage & duration:   0.5 mg taken at bedtime for the period of 2 years

Benefits:   Treatments benefits was the relaxation of legs at bedtime so I could sleep.
Side effects:   The only side effect I have noticed has been a bit of drowsiness (but it IS bedtime).
Comments:   Requip is taken 1-1/2 to 2 hours before bedtime.

Requip review by 69 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   restless leg sydrome
Dosage & duration:   1 mg taken every night for the period of 1 year

Benefits:   relief
Side effects:   slight headache
Comments:   I take 2 tablets before retiring

Requip review by 44 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Restless legs Syndrome
Dosage & duration:   1.0 (dosage frequency: 1 pill at night) for the period of 1 year

Benefits:   Requip has helped me sleep at night! no more horrible creepy crawley sensations... great medication!
Side effects:   None.
Comments:   Take 1 pill 2 hours before bedtime.

Requip review by 40 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   RLS
Dosage & duration:   1 mg/day taken 1 for the period of 1 yr
Other drugs taken:   birth control

Benefits:   my legs stay still so i can get to sleep and stay asleep
Side effects:   i feel nauseated about 1/2 hour after i take it
Comments:   I take 1 -1.5 mg per night about an hour before i go to bed. it stops the feeling of havingto move my legs and quiets them while i sleep so i can get sustained deep sleep.

Requip review by 63 year old female patient

Side effects:   Extremely Severe Side Effects

Condition / reason:   RLS associated with sleep apnea
Dosage & duration:   3mg taken nightly for the period of 3 months
Other conditions:   diabetes
Other drugs taken:   Novalog

Benefits:   None
Side effects:   Began with Requip pack and gradually increased dosage. Immediately felt more lethargic and irritable. On my third week at 3mg. I could not keep any food down in the mornings. My doctor said the sleepiness and irritability was not related to Requip. After 10 days of vomiting in the a.m I stopped the medication. Feel much better even though my doctor insists I need it.
Comments:   Gradually increased dosage. After last overnight sleep study doctor increased by dosage to 3 mg. That's when the severe nausea and then followed by vomiting.

Requip review by 30 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   RLS
Dosage & duration:   2mg taken at bedtime for the period of 3 years
Other drugs taken:   Birth Control

Benefits:   I was finally able to get the deep sleep that I needed to function. Other problems that I have- Interstitial Cystitis, Fibromyalgia, Insomnia, etc.- seem to be improving because of the sleep that I am getting.
Side effects:   I seem to have periods of vomiting that last for several days. It happens monthly and I really am not sure what interacts with medicine those days and not the others. I did build up to my dosage .25mg every 3 days to try and limit the effects.
Comments:   I take the medicine about 30 minutes before I go to bed because I only get about 4-6 hours of relief.

Requip review by 66 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   RESTLESS LEGS
Dosage & duration:   ..25mg 2 pills nightly taken every night 1 to 2 hrs before bed time for the period of 1 month

Benefits:   Oh my gosh I am in heaven I have suffered with restless legs for 20 years reallyA little nauseau when I first started bad. I was up walking the floor every nite at least 5 to 10 times a nite. To me it is a miracle. I have not had any restless legs since I started.
Side effects:   I had a little feeling of nausea in the beginning
Comments:   I take 2 pills about 1 to 2 hours before bedtime.

Requip review by 42 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   restless leg syndrome
Dosage & duration:   1mg per night taken once a day for the period of 2 years

Benefits:   I took this medication to treat restless leg syndrome and it was very effective. It made me drowsy at first, but once I took it for a few weeks, it just made my legs stay still so I could sleep. I was told it is the same medication prescribed for parkinsons patients, but at a much lower dose. I did need to take a but more as time went on, but it was still effective. Unfortunately, I had to stop taking it when I got pregnant, since it is a category c medication.
Side effects:   I did need to take more as time went on, and I experienced augmentation of the restless leg syndrome. The symtpoms would begin earlier in the evening and I would try to take the medication sooner, because if I did not take it before the symptoms set in, it was much less effective and would take longer to work. That was really the only unfortunate effect of the medication.
Comments:   I took one milligram at night to treat the symtoms of restless leg syndrome. I had a sleep study which showed that my legs about every two minutes while I was sleeping and that brought me out of a deep sleep. My doctor put me on requip to keep my legs still so I could fall asleep and get better rest. It worked well. I had tried all sort of behavioral remedies to help with my legs and nothing had helped until this medication. I slept better than I ever had since I could really relax instead of waiting for the nightly discomfort in my legs.

Requip review by 46 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   restless leg syndrome
Dosage & duration:   0.25 mg taken 2 a day for the period of 5 years

Benefits:   If I take requip several hours before sleep it keeps my legs calm for the most part. Requip seemed like a miracle the first few years then it seems it didn't work as well. I told my doctor about it and he suggested I take two requip a night instead of one, that also helped for a while. Im greatful for the medicine although its not a miracle it does help a great deal.
Side effects:   The only side effect I have is IF i skip a night it seems that my problem is much worse.
Comments:   I try to go to bed the same time every night and I take my requip.