Reglan (Metoclopramide) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Reglan (Metoclopramide) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 4 ratings/reviews, Reglan has an overall score of 4. The effectiveness score is 4.50 and the side effect score is 8.50. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Reglan review by 50 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   lactation
Dosage & duration:   10 mg taken daily for the period of 4 weeks
Other conditions:   obesity
Other drugs taken:   n/a

Benefits:   I did not notice much of an increase in milk production, but is difficult to say. I was nursing and pumping milk at the time, and wanted to increase supply.
Side effects:   I did not notice side effects, but was quite concerned about possibility of tarditive dyskenesia.
Comments:   I took for approximately one month, while pumping and nursing.

Reglan review by 50 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   delayed gastric emptying-nausea
Dosage & duration:   5 mg taken daily for the period of couple years

Benefits:   It worked great! I would not be nauseated at all and could eat and have energy all day.
Side effects:   none, but the doc stopped it as I started needing it less, aid there would be too much risk of weird symptoms. I still miss it and wish I could have it back. But I am not as sick or as often I was. It was just stress and a job change helped also.
Comments:   I took in the am when nauseated, I would take again if needed but after a while it worked all day for me. I took as little as possible as I am not a big pill taker

Reglan review by 52 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   ulcers that caused throwing up
Dosage & duration:   10 mg taken before meals for the period of 2 years
Other conditions:   GERD
Other drugs taken:   tagamet

Benefits:   took the reglan to try to empty my stomach before i threw up and the reglan didnt work - the tagamet helped - scale 1-10 a 10
Side effects:   didn't notice any
Comments:   chronic ulcers - my tube that carries the food to the stomach had an opening the diameter of a pencil - the reglan was to help empty my stomach once the food finally got there - otherwise it would sit there because my stomach was tilted and the food couldn't drain easily and therefore the stomach acids would keep eating at the food and also the ulcers till they could never quit bleeding - 3 stomach surgeries later and no stomach left to cut away i am healed and need no medications not even mylanta or tums

Reglan review by 61 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   nausea
Dosage & duration:   unknown (dosage frequency: 2-3 times a day) for the period of 1 week
Other conditions:   abdominal surgery
Other drugs taken:   Cipro, Prednisone, Norvasc, lisinopril, Levoxyl

Benefits:   Their were no benefits, after discharge, 2days later I ended up in an emergency room. I was allergic to the cipro which was causing the nausea and had a very bad adverse reaction to the Reglan. The emergency room doctor stopped them both & placed me on other drugs.
Side effects:   I was extremely hyper, couldn't sit still, felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin.
Comments:   Had abdominal surgery for diverticulitis, during procedure a hole was riped in the bowel. I was placed on a number of IV antibiotics, I was nausea the full 10 days in the hospital so 2 days before discharge they pt me on Reglan.