Proair HFA (Albuterol) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Proair HFA (Albuterol) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 2 ratings/reviews, Proair HFA has an overall score of 9. The effectiveness score is 9 and the side effect score is 10. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Proair HFA review by 59 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Asthma flares
Dosage & duration:   2 puffs every four hours (dosage frequency: as needed) for the period of 4 times daily for 5 days
Other conditions:   Depression, Adult ADD, low thyroid
Other drugs taken:   levothyroxin, fluoxetine, bupropion, trazodone

Benefits:   I was able to breathe more freely after I took this medication and my peak flow meter readings were significantly higher.
Side effects:   I did not notice any side effects. However, unless I positioned the inhaler very carefully, some of the medication ended up in my mouth rather than being inhaled.
Comments:   I was also using a Q-Var inhaler twice a day during the flare (I normally use it once a day.) My treatment regimen when I have a flare is Q-var at 2 puffs twice a day, and the ProAir inhaler 2 puffs every four hours.

Proair HFA review by 61 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   asthma
Dosage & duration:   as needed (dosage frequency: seasonally with allergies) for the period of still taking it as needed

Benefits:   The albuterol relieved the constriction, irritation and wheezing I experienced. It worked both as a preventive and as a curative measure for those symptoms. I have occasionally experienced exercise induced asthma (actually after I stop exercising) and taking the albuterol in advance helped alleviate that.
Side effects:   I have experienced no side effects.
Comments:   I use the albuterol as needed because of allergies (seasonal, dust, exercise) and can go for long times without using it.