Plavix (Clopidogrel) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Plavix (Clopidogrel) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 4 ratings/reviews, Plavix has an overall score of 7.75. The effectiveness score is 8.50 and the side effect score is 8.50. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Plavix review by 50 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   replacement of femoral vein in leg
Dosage & duration:   75 mg taken once a day for the period of 2 months
Other conditions:   roceasa
Other drugs taken:   asprin

Benefits:   This is supposed to thin the blood. I don't know how you measure this.
Side effects:   The side effect that I noticed was EXTENSIVE bruising wherever the skin is struck or bumped into something.
Comments:   After taking this drug for about a month and a half, I fell down some cement stairs quite dramatically. The next day I was sore, as can be expected. But I also had HUGE bruises in the spots where I guess I made the most contact or the most severe impact. (I'm lucky I didn't crack my head open or break something!)One bruise was about 6 inches by 6 inches.

Plavix review by 71 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   After an angiogram
Dosage & duration:   I think there is just one, a pink tablet taken daily for the period of About seven months
Other conditions:   BPH and Fuchs Endothelial Dystrophy
Other drugs taken:   Benicar, Metoprolol, Testim, Doxasozin, Lipitor

Benefits:   Prevention of blood clot formation after angiogram. The angiogram was required as the patient (myself) has a calcium score of about 4000 (extremely high) and had complained of minor episodes of intermittent weakness in the hands and feet. The angiogram revealed a number of partial arterial blockages being treated first with Lipitor and currently with Crestor, niacin and aspirin.
Side effects:   Mino9r bleeding from the surfacen of the skin in a couple of occasions, minor bruising also in a couple of occassions.
Comments:   I took the tablet once a day, in the morning, together with my other prescribed medications. It caused no other observable side effects as I was able to keep up with a 40 to 50 ho9ur deskn type work week and walking an hour a day o9r more.

Plavix review by 59 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   strokes
Dosage & duration:   75mg taken 1 per day for the period of About 5 years and continuing
Other conditions:   high bad cholesterol, elevated blood pressure
Other drugs taken:   ramapril, lipitor

Benefits:   Since starting the plavix and other meds, I have had no strokes.
Side effects:   Terrible bruising. If I bump my fingers, the joints will swell.
Comments:   I've had one stroke and 15 T.I.A.s. It is a genetic problem, but I have fully recovered from all. The first was in my 30's. I eat a very healthy, low fat, vegetarian diet and I excercise regularily. The meds I take are necessary, however a healthy, acitve lifestyle is critical.

Plavix review by 65 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   R.A.
Dosage & duration:   200 mg taken twice per day for the period of 7 yrs.
Other drugs taken:   Meloxicam 7.5 mg (Mobic)

Benefits:   This regimen eliminated, for the most part, the pain, stiffness, and exhaustion experienced with rheumatoid arthritis.
Side effects:   No side effects at all, other than returning me to an apparently more normal state of health.
Comments:   Initially, stronger drugs such as cortisone were needed to control and stabilize the rheumatoid arthritis. Once that was accomplished, the Plavix/Mobic treatment has been consistently effective for quite a few years.