Phenergan (Promethazine) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Phenergan (Promethazine) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 2 ratings/reviews, Phenergan has an overall score of 5.50. The effectiveness score is 9 and the side effect score is 5. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Phenergan review by 42 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   nausea
Dosage & duration:   1 pill taken once for the period of just once
Other conditions:   cancer
Other drugs taken:   procrit/epogen

Benefits:   Phenergan was given to combat nausea due to chemotherapy. Was given one pill in the ER to try and stop vomiting. It did ease the nausea a bit.
Side effects:   It made me feel like I couldn't sit still even though I was very weak from constant vomiting. I felt like I had bugs crawling all over my legs. I also had to keep moving my legs.
Comments:   One pill was given by mouth with water to ease nausea and vomiting. After about 20 minutes the side effects started.

Phenergan review by 42 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Nausea
Dosage & duration:   1 tablet by mouth every 6 hours taken once every other week for the period of 2 years
Other conditions:   Upset stomach
Other drugs taken:   Prilosec

Benefits:   The medication ease the nausea and my stomach was at ease for at more than a week. The medication relaxed the muscles in my stomach and released the gas trapped.
Side effects:   The medication made you very tired. Soon after taking the medication you fell asleep. After waking up, you feel groggy and tired. The feeling is like you didn't get enough sleep and you will feel this way all day.
Comments:   I was being treated for nausea cause by trapped gas in the stomach and intestines.