Panixine Disperdose (Cephalexin) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Panixine Disperdose (Cephalexin) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 7 ratings/reviews, Panixine Disperdose has an overall score of 8. The effectiveness score is 8 and the side effect score is 7.14. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Panixine Disperdose review by 20 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Skin Infection
Dosage & duration:   500 mg taken 3 times per day for the period of 10 days

Benefits:   Treatment of skin infection.
Side effects:   Vaginal yeast infection.
Comments:   Take 1 capsule by mouth three times daily for 10 days.

Panixine Disperdose review by 25 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   skin infection
Dosage & duration:   500 mg taken 3 times per day for the period of 14 days
Other conditions:   allergy
Other drugs taken:   zyrtec

Benefits:   My skin became infected from scratching too much and too hard when I had an allergic reaction to a topical skin product. A day after I started taking the medication, I noticed a decrease in the redness and swelling of the affected skin. I was prescribed zyrtec in conjunction with the antibiotic but it causes severe drowsiness. My doctor had me discontinue the zyrtec and see how I did with the cephalexin alone. I continued to heal faster than I think I would have without the medication.
Side effects:   I had no side effects
Comments:   Take 1 capsule three times per day for 14 days.

Panixine Disperdose review by 53 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Sinus infection
Dosage & duration:   500 mg. taken one every 6 hours for the period of 7 days

Benefits:   The treatment benefits were that the cephalexin relieved the sinus infection around the 4th day and by the seventh day my sinuses felt better. The cephalexin seemed relatively mild as I did not experience any intestinal discomfort, bloating or cramping that I have experienced with other antibiotics.
Side effects:   I developed vaginitis and a yeast infection. This usually starts to occur around four or five days after I finish a round of antibiotics. This reaction to antibiotics first started to occur around ten years ago after I was treated with tetracycline for six months for a severe case of lyme's disease.
Comments:   I had a sinus infection and was instructed to take 500mg. of cephalexin every 6 hours for seven days. It took four days before the cephalexin took effect. I have a hard time getting an antibiotic that I don't have a negative reacton to. I am allergic to penecilan and can't take Z-pack because it severely upsets my intestinal tract.

Panixine Disperdose review by care giver of 12 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Impetigo
Dosage & duration:   4 Tablets per day taken 4 x day for 10 days for the period of 10 days
Other conditions:   sores

Benefits:   The sores and scabs healed quite quickly once started on the medication. Problem was misdiagnosed for about 2 weeks, before a new diagnosis was obtained. There were no side effects physically while taking the medication. Quick recovery process.
Side effects:   None that we could see. Patient has had problems with other medications causing stomach upset and similar conditions but in this case it was not relevant. We found however, that also by applying some cortisol directly to the infected areas, the sores healed very quickly.
Comments:   Other than taking 4 tablets daily (with meals and before bed) for ten days, there were no other details. Patient responded quickly to the treatment and had no noticeable side effects. We found this drug to work quickly and effectively.

Panixine Disperdose review by care giver of 1 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   streptoccocus:severe sore throat,high fever(104.4)
Dosage & duration:   4ml by mouth (dosage frequency: 3 times a day) for the period of 7 days
Other drugs taken:   one doze of penicilin;occasionally tylenol for fever

Benefits:   the baby was totally cured in 7 days
Side effects:   because of the antibiotic several days after appeared a severe yeast infection
Comments:   the baby was sick for 4 days already but her doctor didnt see anything serious.Her fever was already 104.4 and it was difficult to drop it. she couldnt eat nore sleep and was crying days and nights because her throat was very very sore.Finally we took her into emergency room and they found out that she has strep. they gave us cephalexin. the baby felt relief on her 4th day.she started to eat and play. no more fever. in 7 days, by the end of her treatment, she felt wonderful. the only problem was that several days after treatment she started to have an awful yeast infection.I beleive it was the side effect from antibiotic. it took us one more week to treat tha infection. I rated the cephalexin as 8 'cause it took 4 days to feel relief(i think its a lot) and the side effect was quite sufficient too.overall I liked this medicine.

Panixine Disperdose review by 34 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   acne
Dosage & duration:   500mg taken daily for the period of one year
Other conditions:   headache
Other drugs taken:   apri for a while

Benefits:   I had severe acne for many years and I was sort of living with it without seeking cures seriously. I tried a couple of other anti-biotics before but not very diligently. I started to be more disciplined and actually took Keflex every day. In the beginning I was also taking Apri the birth control pill. I took both for a couple of months and my face started to be better in a week or two and completely cleared in a couple of months - which made me so much happier with my life. Then I stop Apri, and I continued with Keflex. And it seems that if I stop Keflex, my acne will come back a little. So I have not tried stoping Keflex for more than a week or two. I am a little concerned with the long term side effects of Keflex although I am not sure whether there should be any. I think I will continue taking Keflex and I will also ask my docotor to test blood or any other things that I should be cautious of.
Side effects:   It is hard to say. I have chronic headaches and general stress. So I am not sure whether the Keflex may have made matters a bit worse sometimes. Overall, I can't seem to correlate Keflex to my other conditions at all.
Comments:   ...

Panixine Disperdose review by 38 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   mild local skin infection
Dosage & duration:   500 mg taken 1 x daily for the period of 2 days

Benefits:   I cannot say whether this medication was or was not effective because I stopped taking it after 2 doses. I discontinued the medication because the side effects were severe and much worse than the condition prescribed for.
Side effects:   About 24 hours after my second dose I developed sudden acute abdominal pain. I have never had a negative reaction to any medication before, and had rarely had any stomach pain in my life. This pain was so strong and intense almost like the pain of a labor contraction. But alas it was upper abdominal and not coming from my uteris. It came in waves and anything I ate or drank made it worse. I was very close to going to the ER. But since my temp, BP and HR were normal and I did not have any other obvious symptoms I toughed it out with a heating pad and curse words. After 2 days of this torture I finally feel the worst is over. But I will not take this med again.
Comments:   The initial skin infection is clearing up.