Naprosyn (Naproxen) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Naprosyn (Naproxen) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 5 ratings/reviews, Naprosyn has an overall score of 5.80. The effectiveness score is 6 and the side effect score is 8.40. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Naprosyn review by 36 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   back
Dosage & duration:   1 tablet 3 times a day taken 3 weeks for the period of 3 weeks
Other conditions:   sleeplessness
Other drugs taken:   vitamins

Benefits:   I felt more flexible and i could sleep better. Also, I could return to work much faster than expected.
Side effects:   there were no side effects that i could tell. i returned to work after 3 days in pain.
Comments:   i followed the directions and everything worked well. I was not dizzy or lightheaded or any other problems that I noticed consciosly.

Naprosyn review by 50 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   muscle inflammation
Dosage & duration:   500 mg taken 2 times a day for the period of 6 weeks
Other conditions:   whiplash

Benefits:   None. I was told it would take 6 weeks for the medicine to accumulate and become completely effective. It did not produce any results that were apparent. Not in inflammation reduction or in pain reduction due to the inflammation were any results ascertainable. I suffered while waiting for this medication to do anything. Further, you are told to consume food to protect the lining of your stomach from this medication. Not always something you want to do when you are experiencing a lot of pain because pain can make you feel like vomiting.
Side effects:   Stomach issues, burning The more adverse affect was the constant pain due to the continuing inflammation with the added and increasing reduction in movement, and muscle usage. Worst, was the waste of time. Another med could have been prescribed in the time I used this medicine that would have been more effective and time healing would not have been wasted. In fact, another anti-inflammatory was prescribed that provided immediate benefits (30 minutes) without the build-up in your system that the M.D. and pharmacist said Naprosyn requires before it becomes effective.
Comments:   Tried various dosages from the lowest, to more frequency. It simply had little affect on inflammation or pain. No other pain medication was added to this treatment and no other medication was given. I had a car accident and suffered whiplash, thoracic muscle strain, herniation of entire lumbar region, etc. Inflammation was rampant from hip level up. Any relief would have been noted and appreciated. Another drug was later prescribed, another anti-inflammatory, which proved just how much the naprosyn did not work. I had immediate pain relief in 30 minutes and notable inflammation reduction very quickly. In fact, after a 3 week loading of this drug, I was able to get out of bed, move around, and be functional! The Doctor insisted on trying this level, Naprosyn, first and then changed after 6 weeks, to supposedly stronger medication in some kind of protocol progression. I now tell my doctors which medication works and refuse anything else. They waste time on ineffective medications allowing suffering. I saw the doctors within the 6 week period declaring and their noting how ineffective this medication was.

Naprosyn review by 31 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dosage & duration:   Twice Daily (dosage frequency: once a month) for the period of 4 month
Other drugs taken:   celebrex

Benefits:   join pain and swelling
Side effects:   nausea, vomit, gastrointestial disorders
Comments:   The medicine woks but I still can feel the pain, so for me is not working because of the side effects, I have to take the medicine with food and milk and still have this severe stomach pain, nausea and some times vomits. My doctors are working on put me on something else that could work better for me

Naprosyn review by 46 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   ankylosing spondylitis
Dosage & duration:   500mg taken 2 per day for the period of 24 years
Other drugs taken:   painkillers

Benefits:   enables me to get on with my life and be mobile. without it my back and neck become "stiff" so I also combine taking the drug with daily exercise to keep myself as fit as is possible. my condition was inherited from my father.
Side effects:   none that I know of.
Comments:   twice per day, with meals (morning and night).

Naprosyn review by 59 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   arthritis
Dosage & duration:   1 tablet taken once a day for the period of 2 weeks

Benefits:   pain relief from arthritis flare up, no stomach or other side effects. The medication needed to be taken with food or milk to avoid stomach upset.
Side effects:   none
Comments:   took once a day for 2 weeks with good results of relief of back pain I also used exercise and ice when the pain was severe