Lovenox (Enoxaparin) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Lovenox (Enoxaparin) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 2 ratings/reviews, Lovenox has an overall score of 7.50. The effectiveness score is 10 and the side effect score is 9. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Lovenox review by 30 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Blood thinning/ circulation during pregnancy
Dosage & duration:   30 mg/ml taken twice a day for the period of 9 months
Other drugs taken:   Low dose aspirin

Benefits:   Lovenox is given in subsequent pregnancies to women with recurrent miscarriage due to autoimmune issues. Prior to taking Lovenox, I had two second trimester losses and thanks to Lovenox I was able to carry my two daughters to term. It allowed my placenta to last the pregnancy without clotting and I was able to successfully have two children.
Side effects:   There are no major side effects. There is an increased risk of bleeding but I did not experience this. The only mild side effects was burning at the site of the injection when the medicine was going in, and some bruising at the site of the injection. Other than this I did not experience any sorts of side effects what so ever.
Comments:   I had to self administer the shots twice a day. Lovenox shots are primarily given on the belly. However, the area usually remains sensitive and for anyone taking the drug for a prolonged period of time like I was, eventually you will run out of spots in your abdominal area and have to move to the thigh (I had to move to the thigh area during my last month of pregnancy). Other than slight burning and bruising, there was no other issues. Initially I had a hard time giving myself the shot, and my husband had to do it, but once you get used to it, it's not really that bad and I was able to do it easily later on. I was supposed to start the shots prior to conception and continue them six weeks postpartum. My overall experience with Lovenox is very good and I am very happy that this drug was around to help me.

Lovenox review by 38 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Blood clot as a cause of early stage misscarriage
Dosage & duration:   40mg/0.4ml taken subcutaneous injection/on my own for the period of 60 days
Other drugs taken:   baby asperin

Benefits:   I had two early stage miscarriages, so I was tested by a reproductive specialist. She diagnosed that I have high blood clot factor. As soon as the third pregnancy was confirmed (5th week), I stated to take Lovenox once a day. After reaching 13th week and ultrasound confirmed the baby is growing well, I was allow to be off Lovenox. I am now in third trimester and my pregnancy went well.
Side effects:   There was no side effect, however I really hated giving injection to myself. I was so painfull. The injection spot became bruised, even though I iced it right away after injection. And the bruises did not heal for a week to two weeks. I picked different injection spot every day to avoid the bruised area, so my abdomen was purple for the 9 weeks.
Comments:   As memtioned above in treatment benefits, this drug was used to avoid recurrance of early stage miscarriage. The high blood clot factor originates from two reasons: for one my husband and I share two HLA, and two I have condition so called antiphospholipid syndrome. To reduce the factor I was directed to take baby asperin and Lovenox. Once I reached 13th week when the plecenta is well establised and growth of baby was well, my doctor decided Lovenox is no longer needed and baby asperin alone be fine onward.