Lortab (Hydrocodone / Acetaminophen) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Lortab (Hydrocodone / Acetaminophen) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 6 ratings/reviews, Lortab has an overall score of 7. The effectiveness score is 9 and the side effect score is 6.33. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Lortab review by 50 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Sever back pain,
Dosage & duration:   5/500 (dosage frequency: every 6 hours) for the period of 3 years
Other drugs taken:   600 mg Ibuprophin

Benefits:   Helped some what to control the pain from a disk setting on my siatic nerve. It did not stop the pain but it did help lesson the amount of pain so I could function better.
Side effects:   I think it is more of a long term side affect that happened, In the corse of the years I took this product I started experencing decrease sensation in my lower bowl, to the point I when I needed to use the bathroom, it also messed up my digestion. I quit using it and would only take it when I get so deep in pain I need to get a handle on it, the drug helps then
Comments:   I was given Loritab to help stop the pain in my back and running down my left leg. I was to take it every 6 hours or as needed, which ended up using it round the clock the pain was so bad. The Doctors also gave me 600mg of Ibuprophin to take with the Loritab. It helped at fist but the end effects to my body I feel in some ways not worth taking the medication, but it it's defense it did help me get a handle on the pain so I could get off the drug

Lortab review by 37 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   pain from recovering from abdominal surgery
Dosage & duration:   10 (dosage frequency: every 6 hours) for the period of few weeks

Benefits:   treated pain due to an open wound from abdominal surgery
Side effects:   severe nausea, dizziness, lightheaded...I couldn't eat or drink many foods
Comments:   taking pain medication while recovering from surgery...had an open wound with wound vac. The pain was so severe, especially when it came time to change the dressings and clean out the wound in which case I would double up on the medication. It helped with the pain, but also doubled the side effects I was feeling.

Lortab review by 20 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   Severe low back pain that went down right leg.
Dosage & duration:   10/500 (dosage frequency: three times daily) for the period of about 6 months
Other conditions:   n/a
Other drugs taken:   Flexeril and Lyrica

Benefits:   The treatment benefits were of a great benefit to me. before i took the lortab i couldn't sleep, work, and i could barely get out of bed the pain was so severe. Before the lortab i did try the flexeril first and it didn't help, then I tried it with the Lyrica that only dulled the pain a little. Then the lortab and it helped tremendously. I started on two times a day after a month went to three and it helped to the point where i could work and I could get out of bed and do things like cut the grass or hiking and just many of other things. My overall experience were tremendous with minimal side effects!!!!!
Side effects:   The Side effects I experienced were minimal such as dizzyness, or lightheaded but addding a little food before my dose would most of time cure the side effects.
Comments:   I was diagnosed with a disc problem that was pinching my nerves in low back. My Sciatica was being pinched by the disc causing my leg to hurt really bad and numbness and tingling were involved. I started taking flexeril first and it by itself wasn't helping. Then i was put on lyrica 2 times daily with the flexerill and it dulled the pain but not much. After that i really didn't want nothing that strong but the pain was severe so the doc put me on lortab 2 times daily to start with and 3 times daily the next month and that helped tremendously. I did physicall therapy for about three months. and now i have minimal back pain and i can function like a normall 20 year old.

Lortab review by 23 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   oral surgery
Dosage & duration:   1-2 tablets taken every 6 hours for the period of 1 week
Other drugs taken:   amoxicillin, ibuprofen

Benefits:   considerably reduced pain, if i experienced any at all.
Side effects:   With two tablets, the main difference was moderate to severe drowsiness. With either dosage, I experienced vibrant dreams/nightmares and/or an elated/lightheaded feeling while awake. Constipation relieved with extra fiber.
Comments:   In my experience with this medication, I've found it moderately addicting and should be taken with caution. I advise to take when in mild-moderate pain because that's what it's for, but hold off taking it every six hours (or as prescribed) if pain is not an issue.

Lortab review by 17 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   Oral Surgery
Dosage & duration:   2/500mg taken every four hours for the period of Two - Three months
Other conditions:   n/a
Other drugs taken:   Ibuprofen, Amoxicillin

Benefits:   As having surgery, my mounth experienced excruiating pain. I was without them for 3 hours. These seemed like the worst day of my life. After taking the pills I noticed one of two things occured. One, the pain was gone soon after taking them. Two, I became extremely tired. First I thought that it was only like this because I just had surgery, but no. It seemed as though everytime I taken a pill I needed a nap soon after. Don't get me wrong, I would rather have a nap and be painless then to be awake throughout the entire day and experience that pain. This stayed this way for the entire time that I was on Lortab.
Side effects:   Major drowsiness. Every time a took the pills, it made me extremely sleepy. This made me unable to drive, do heavy activies, or even hold a conversation. Also, if I taken the pill when I have had nothing to eat for a while, it seem to make me sick for a short period of time, roughly 30 mintues up to a hour and a half. I never became dizzy or anything else.
Comments:   The pill did wonders for the pain. When I took them I recieved results within 10-20mins. They also lasted a moderate amount of time to deal with the pain as well. They do become somewhat "addicting". So I tried to take 1000 - 1200mg of Ibuprofen to compensate for the Lortab. However, when your in a lot of pain, Ibuprofen just doesnt to seem to deliever the results that Lortab could provide.

Lortab review by 37 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   pain
Dosage & duration:   10 mg taken one to two tablets every eight hours for the period of still taking it
Other conditions:   neck pain, arm pain, hands numbness
Other drugs taken:   Diazapam

Benefits:   Had surgery on my neck, the lortab reduce the pain.The lortab help relieve th pain upto eight hours so I did not need to take as many pills to find release. This is a good thing because I do not like pills. This medication helped tremedously.
Side effects:   a little nausea. This medication has a high risk of addiction. When you take it be very careful that you do not misuse. The lortab reduces the pain on the first pill however as you take the medication it seems to take more pills as you go along to recieve the same releif as first.
Comments:   take one to two tablets by mouth every 8 hours as needed for pain.