Indocin (Indomethacin) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Indocin (Indomethacin) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 1 ratings/reviews, Indocin has an overall score of 10. The effectiveness score is 10 and the side effect score is 10. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Indocin review by 59 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   rheumatoid arthritis
Dosage & duration:   25mg taken 3x day for the period of as needed

Benefits:   Indomethacin immediate reduced the very inflamed and painful swelling in first joint of my left forefinger, my first - and thanks to prompt treatment with this drug - my only attack of rhumatoid arthritis. I didn't recognise this swelling as arthritis because it was my first attack, and I neglected to seek medical advice until the joint was extremely inflamed and swollen. Since this attack, I've used the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) ibuprofen as needed to prevent further attacks.
Side effects:   I experienced no adverse side effects when using Indomethacin with food as directed, and was very pleased with the almost immediate reduction in pain and swelling.
Comments:   My doctor prescribed one 25mg capsule 3 times a day with food, for one month, which I followed; this treatment was completely successful for me. Since this treatment, I've used the nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) ibuprofen as needed to prevent further attacks.