Fexofenadine (Fexofenadine) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Fexofenadine reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 5 ratings/reviews, Fexofenadine has an overall score of 7.60. The effectiveness score is 7.60 and the side effect score is 9.60. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Fexofenadine review by 45 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   allergic rhinitis
Dosage & duration:   180mg taken 1 tablet per day for the period of 6 months
Other conditions:   post nasal drip

Benefits:   There were no benefits as the sniffling, dripping, coughing continued even on the medicine.
Side effects:   Dry mouth.
Comments:   Perscribed to help with the following symptoms: drippy nose, sinus congestion, post nasal drip, coughing, and sneezing. Medicine was taken as directed with no real help. The only side effect was being a little dry.

Fexofenadine review by 14 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   dermagraphia, hives
Dosage & duration:   60mg taken 2x for the period of 6 months
Other conditions:   elevated blood pressure
Other drugs taken:   used to take Xyzal

Benefits:   Stops and Prevented breakouts of hives! I am severly allergic to most foods and plants, everything breaks me out. Thanks to this pill, this won't happen any more.
Side effects:   None
Comments:   I was to take 1 pill in the morning after breakfast, then 1 at night before I go to bed. I am to take it for 6 months as a test. The generic was a cheaper version for my parents.

Fexofenadine review by 44 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   allergies
Dosage & duration:   180mg taken daily when needed for the period of two years
Other drugs taken:   OTC vitamins

Benefits:   The treatment benefits were a noticable reduction in nasal symptoms of runny nose and itching. Additionally, I had no nasal pressure or headaches due to same. The drug needs to be taken daily. I would take it for a month at a time. It started working within two days after noticing my allergy symptoms flaring up (When Christmas tree came into house and in spring when trees pollinate.)
Side effects:   I did not have any side affects.
Comments:   This drug is to be taken daily for an extended period of time. The dosage is one tablet per day. The tablets are on the large side, but the benefits are worth it.

Fexofenadine review by 48 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Seasonal Allergy
Dosage & duration:   180 mg taken daily for the period of 7 months

Benefits:   Controlled itching in eyes, nasal and chest congestion, and "tickle cough" very well
Side effects:   No direct side effects but I used to take OTC allergy med (loratidine) except during extreme periods, then I would switch to the prescription for two months or so. Now the allergy seems unresponsive to the over the counter medication, no matter what time of year it is. I do not know if my allergy has changed or if I have become dependent on the fexofenadine.
Comments:   One 180 mg tablet each morning as needed for sinus.

Fexofenadine review by 47 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   Chronic Idiopathic Urthicaria with Pruritis
Dosage & duration:   180Mg taken twice daily for the period of 3 years
Other conditions:   Brachioradial Pruritis, Cervical Radiopathy, ADD, Hypogonadism
Other drugs taken:   Methalphenadate, Diazipam, Androgel

Benefits:   Incidents reduced from daily to maybe every 6 to 8 weeks. If I missed my dose however by hour 14 I would start to break out. This would indicate to me that the histamine levels are ever present and the histamine blocker is what is keeping their ill effects at bay. I have however discovered that recently my pharmacy changed their generic manufacturer and the new version is very ineffective. I've had 5+ severe breakouts in 3 months
Side effects:   Virtually none. Not drowsiness, not upset stomach, no nothing. Just don't miss your dose.
Comments:   take one at 7 am when I wake up, the other at 7pm after supper.