Dysport (Botulinum Toxin Type A) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Dysport (Botulinum Toxin Type A) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 2 ratings/reviews, Dysport has an overall score of 5. The effectiveness score is 5 and the side effect score is 7. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Dysport review by 58 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   brow wrinkles
Dosage & duration:   1-2 viles (dosage frequency: twice) for the period of 4-6 injections each time

Benefits:   There was a slight softening of the verticle wrinkles between my eyebrows, or "11" lines, but not the degree of change I was looking for, or had been suggested was possible by my physician, even after the second treatment.
Side effects:   I had severe black eyes and brusing after first round of injections and loss of the eye lid crease in my left eye. The bruising took two weeks to completely clear and the lost lid crease never completely returned to normal so is being monitored by my physician and the manufacturer of the Dysport since this was an unusual outcome.
Comments:   Injections were adminsitered by a board certified opthamologist and plastic surgeon who has specal training with this product and instructs other physiians in its use. She couldnot explain my poor outcome other than to say I had very reisistant muscles and the furrowing was very deep.

Dysport review by 43 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   wrinkles
Dosage & duration:   300 units (dosage frequency: one time treatment) for the period of one time treatment

Benefits:   I had deepening frown lines on my forehead and between my eyes....the benefits were a decrease of the lines (wrinkles).
Side effects:   I had a mild headache for a couple of days after my injections. Also, my forehead felt "numb" as if I had had a tooth pulled. Now, when I raise my eyebrows, my eyebrows go up and the middle of my forehead stays still. It looks a bit strange.
Comments:   I had 300 units of Dysport injected into my forehead in about 5 different places. I was told to not bend over or lie back for a few hours or touch my forehead after the treatment. I followed my doctors instructions. It has been over a week since the injections and there is still a mild wrinkle between my eyes. The wrinkle is definitely not as deep looking as it was but it is still visible. I would probably have this done again although the results are not perfect.