Diflucan (Fluconazole) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Diflucan (Fluconazole) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 4 ratings/reviews, Diflucan has an overall score of 5.75. The effectiveness score is 7 and the side effect score is 8.50. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Diflucan review by 32 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   yeast infection
Dosage & duration:   150 mg x 2 taken 1 pill 1st week, 1 pill wk later for the period of 2 WKS
Other conditions:   NONE
Other drugs taken:   NUVARING WELLBUTRIN

Benefits:   O TOOK THIS TO HELP TO RELIEVE AND CURE MY YEAST INFECTION. I HAD TRIED SEVERAL OTHER CREAMS, ONE WAS OVER THE COUNTER THE OTHER WAS PRESCRIBED BY MY DOCTOR. THIS ORAL MEDICATION WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT WORKED.
Side effects:   I DIDN'T REALLY NOTICE ANY MAJOR SIDE EFFECTS. I WOULD SAY THAT MY THROAT BECAME A LITTLE SCRATCHY AND MAYBE THE VAGINAL AREA BECAME A LITTLE MORE SENSITIVE.
Comments:   I WAS INSTRUCTED TO TAKE OF THE PILL DOSAGES WHICH WAS 150 MILLOGRAMS RIGHT AWAY AND TO TAKE WITH FOOD. THEN I WAS INSTRUCTED TO THE SECOND PILL ONE WEEK LATER IT WAS ALSO 150 MILLIGRAMS IN DOSAGE.

Diflucan review by 30 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Yeast Infection
Dosage & duration:   1 single dose pill taken repeated dose 2x, one week apart for the period of 1 week

Benefits:   Eliminate yeast infection
Side effects:   The yeast infection occurred after taking oral antibiotics. After I took the first dose of Diflucan, I developed an itchy, raised, red, rough rash on both sides of my face and the yeast infection only moderately improved. I took a second dose a week later and the same problem occurred. After that incident I discontinued use. The Diflucan never did resolve the yeast problem and for months after I continued to suffer from skin rashes that may or may not have been related. Eventually the yeast problem went away by taking probiotics and an herbal Usnea tincture.
Comments:   One single dose oral pill. Repeated dose one week later.

Diflucan review by 40 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   vaginal yeast infection
Dosage & duration:   1 tablet taken once for the period of once
Other drugs taken:   Difflucan cream

Benefits:   the infection vanished after 2 days, I had already tried canesten cream and that did not help cure the infection fully.
Side effects:   none I could see, the infection vanished after 2 days and did not come back. i don't know if there are any side effects by taking the tablet you may wish to look in to it further.
Comments:   One tablet and then cream twice a day for a week. The tablet was taken once only. I used the cream a few more times during the day in the beginning of the treatment when I needed it.

Diflucan review by 17 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Candida caused yeast infection
Dosage & duration:   150 (dosage frequency: 1 time) for the period of 1 day

Benefits:   The yeast stopped coming out in chunks, but was more watery like... Still yeast tho so I wasn't pleased...
Side effects:   Didn't have any side effects
Comments:   I had sex the day after I took the pill with my only partner. I had sex wit him with the yeast infection before I took the pill so if I gave it to him, he probably gave it back to me :( the doc gave me a pill for him and for me. He took his after we had sex. Which was the day after I took mine... Is this y I still hav it? I thought it took days to work that's y I had sex