Diazepam (Diazepam) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Diazepam reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 9 ratings/reviews, Diazepam has an overall score of 5.67. The effectiveness score is 7.56 and the side effect score is 6.89. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Diazepam review by 54 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   to relax muscles
Dosage & duration:   2mg taken two tablets three times daily for the period of two weeks
Other conditions:   severe pain right side upper going around to the back
Other drugs taken:   Warfrin & Zydol

Benefits:   The Zydol was effective in reducing my pain after the dose was increased from 50 mg to 100 mg. The Diazepam made me sleep all the time which was a good thing as I believe the body heals while sleeping
Side effects:   I will never take Diazepam again as it gave me a headache, I had unpleasant dreams and I felt that I was not always here, so trying to focus or remember things was dificult.
Comments:   The pain in my side was found to be viral hepatitis. I continued with Diazepam for two weeks. Treatment then consisted of reducing fat in the diet and not drinking alcohol for 3 months. I lost a considerable amount of weight as a result.

Diazepam review by 40 year old female patient

Side effects:   Extremely Severe Side Effects

Condition / reason:   Anxiety
Dosage & duration:   10 mg qid taken one day for the period of one day
Other conditions:   PTSD

Benefits:   None
Side effects:   Drug-induced psychosis, resulting in 10 day commitment to a mental institution.
Comments:   Many people I know - I now work as a health care professional - erroneously believe that Valium, Xanax, Ativan, and other benzodiazepines must be used "as directed" and have enhanced benefit if "built up in the brain"- ie: in ways similar to SSRI's effect on the brain over time. I was entirely aware that diazepam is a "prn" medication, and chose to use the prescribed dosage on one particular day hoping it would carry me through a difficult situation. Unfortunately, I suffered a "paradoxical reaction" which cost me dearly in many tragic ways. I was in a state of severe psychosis for days- because my "benzo" level was low when admitted to the hospital, I was given diazepam for an additional two days, whereupon I apparently refused to take any medication at all, and recovered as I "detoxed". I have absolutely no memory of five days of my life. I have done research into this phenomenon, and must warn all that this seems to occur most often in indiviguals with dopamine/GABA reuptake variants- such as those with ADHD, Parkinsons, and also PTSD. Diazepam is a "bandaid" and offers no long-term therapeutic benefit whatsoever. In fact, "rebound" anxiety and profound depression are common. What is most ironic is that in the medical setting, this occurs often after administration of "Versed", is recognized quickly, and fluzanimine is given as an antidote. Outside of this scenario, the patient is blamed, treated as a suspected drug addict, and stigmatized.

Diazepam review by 28 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   sleeping disorder
Dosage & duration:   5mg taken once in a while for the period of over a year
Other conditions:   sleeping disorder
Other drugs taken:   n/a

Benefits:   go to http://medsheaven.com/ and i sa diazepam online, and it works! friends reccomend it because of having a sleeping disorder, i try it once in a while, there is now side effects and it works all good helps me for my sleeping disorder no side effects
Side effects:   no side effects
Comments:   helps me for my sleeping disorder

Diazepam review by 51 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   sleep
Dosage & duration:   10 mg taken 6 x per year for the period of 10
Other conditions:   back and neck pain

Benefits:   Most often the diazepam got me to sleep fairly quickly but did not last the whole night through. The liquid capsules were then superceded by tablets which usually took about twice as long to kick in. ie, 40 mins instead of 20. The benefit was there if I was unable to sleep otherwise but a benzo sleep is not natural and feels different to real sleep.
Side effects:   Twitching nerves for several days afterward. Difficulty sleeping.
Comments:   Taking a pill to get to sleep.

Diazepam review by 53 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   airplane flight anxiety
Dosage & duration:   .25 mg taken when flights took off for the period of still doing it every time I fly

Benefits:   I can now fly without flight or pre-flight anxiety. I used to worry for two weeks about getting ono and airplane.
Side effects:   I will get a slight headache, a few hours after I take the drug. Usually not bad enough that it's actually painful, just annoying.
Comments:   I take the diazepam about 1.5 hours before the plan takes off. Not hard to do, not that I have to get to the airport so early:).

Diazepam review by 47 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   Muscle Relaxant - Spinal Disorder
Dosage & duration:   1 to 3 2mg tablets taken 1 to 3 times / day as required for the period of 1+ years
Other conditions:   Chronic hives, hormone imbalance, ADD
Other drugs taken:   Ritalin, Androgel, Alegra

Benefits:   Reduced muscular tension allowing for easier stretching and greatly reduced chronic pain caused by cervical disc issues
Side effects:   only down side was it made waking up in the morning slightly harder if I took a dose too late in the evening and might make me fall asleep early if taken too soon.
Comments:   To reduce pain generated by nerve irritation due to cervical radiculopathy, I take 2mg to 4mg up to twice during the day, and up to 6mg in the evening. Doeses are as required for muscle relaxation and used mostly for tension before evening stretching or massage. Treatment has been going on for a year now with no ill effects. I only use the drug when I feel it necessary, and have to date used less than 20% of the available doses

Diazepam review by 35 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   stress
Dosage & duration:   5mg taken when necessary for the period of over a period of years on and off
Other conditions:   tearfullness.bad dreams
Other drugs taken:   marvelon

Benefits:   The drug calmed me down and stopped me from crying constantly.I only took it when absolutely necessary which was a huge benefit, unlike the anti anxiety drugs given out now which you have to take every day for long periods.Valium works instantly and I never had any problems at all with it. I do not understand why it is not given out instead of all these other antidepressants which are readily available and cause huge problems and come with awful side effects.
Side effects:   None to speak of except for slight tiredness.
Comments:   To be taken 3 times a day, but I only took as & when necessary.

Diazepam review by 57 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   depression
Dosage & duration:   2mg taken once at night for the period of 2 months
Other conditions:   Anxiety
Other drugs taken:   venlafaxine and Imovane

Benefits:   I found that I actually felt worse rather than better, the only benefit was that with imovane I could sleep at night which I couldn't do earlier. I never really felt rested though. I am not sure if the combination of these 3 drugs caused my anxiety to become worse. Venlafaxine was supposed to help my depression but I found it totally ineffective. I am wondering if I get a higher dose will it help but I am afraid it might make it worse . WOuld love to go off all of these medicines as I feel the side effects are worse than the depression
Side effects:   No energy, increase in anxiety and depression
Comments:   Morning Venlafaxine - 225 mg night before going to bed - diazepam 2mg and imovane 7.5 mg

Diazepam review by 18 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   mood swings, felt BY- POLAR
Dosage & duration:   1/3 of 1 pill taken whenever im feeling stressed for the period of only for the last 2 days
Other conditions:   Non
Other drugs taken:   Non

Benefits:   Non moody after taking 1/3 of 1 pill, calm and relaxed.
Side effects:   Never feeling sexual aroused anymore since taking the pills. Not once since taking the pill. Not wanting partner to try anything sexual, I'm just turned off. Have no idea why but i definitely know it's those pills.
Comments:   Diazepam : 1/3 of 1 pill whenever i'm feeling stressed,mood swings, felt BY- POLAR Non moody after taking 1/3 of 1 pill, calm and relaxed. Never feeling sexual aroused anymore since taking the pills though. Not once since taking the pill. Not wanting partner to try anything sexual, I'm just turned off. Have no idea why but i definitely know it's those pills.