Below are Dianette (Cyproterone / Ethinyl Estradiol) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Dianette review by 26 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Acne
Dosage & duration:   one tablet per day taken daily, with 7 day break each month for the period of 3 years

Benefits:   It acted as an oral contraceptive. It also reduced acne from moderate to mild.
Side effects:   I gained weight (around 5lb). I also developed melasma on my forehead - this persists even though I stopped taking Dianette two years ago.
Comments:   One pill was taken daily, with a short break each month.

Dianette review by 30 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   acne
Dosage & duration:   30mg taken daily for the period of 3 months

Benefits:   Inproved acne condition - if I did get a breakout it didn't last as long and wasn't a fierce
Side effects:   When I first started to take the drug I think it made me more emotional than usual (uncharictaristically weepy) - very hard to say if this was the drug, though this effect seems to have gone. I've taken this twice and there seems to be the same thiong happen within 2 weeks which is why I thought it may be as a result of the drug.
Comments:   took 1 pill a day.

Dianette review by 21 year old female patient

Dosage & duration:   One tablet a day taken every day for the period of 4 years
Other conditions:   Dry eyes and headaches as result on the pill

Benefits:   Cleared any signs of acne within 9 months. Regulated menstrual cycle.
Side effects:   Migraines and extremely dry eyes.
Comments:   I was put on Dianette by my doctor as treatment for acne. I was on the pill for years, but started to develop side effects to it including very dry eyes to the point where I was unable to wear contact lenses. I also developed regular headaches/migraines. Once I stopped taking it, the dry eyes and headaches stopped. The acne had subsided, but was still minimal.

Dianette review by 29 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Acne
Dosage & duration:   2mg cyproterone acetate taken everyday for the period of continued

Benefits:   no acne and has the extra benefit of using as a contraceptive
Side effects:   more headaches get an occasional migraine around 7 day period time
Comments:   took every day as a contraceptive -main reason I take it is to not have acne. Doctor wouldn't give me a repeat prescription so I ordered it over the internet

Dianette review by 38 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   ACNE
Dosage & duration:   One tablet daily taken daily for the period of 2 years
Other conditions:   n/a
Other drugs taken:   n/a

Benefits:   Diannette really helped to clear up my skin. I currently have adult acne.
Side effects:   The side effects I experience were feelings of 'being low' - a sort of depressed feeling. I found that once I have changed this pill for another I felt much better in myself, my skin may not be as clear but I am a much happier person in myself.
Comments:   One tablet daily