Dextroamphetamine (Dextroamphetamine) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Dextroamphetamine reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 3 ratings/reviews, Dextroamphetamine has an overall score of 8.33. The effectiveness score is 9.33 and the side effect score is 7.33. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Dextroamphetamine review by 32 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   ADD
Dosage & duration:   5mg 8x/day taken every day for the last two years for the period of still taking
Other conditions:   depression
Other drugs taken:   wellbutrin

Benefits:   My depression has lifted and I am able to concentrate more than I was previuosly
Side effects:   weight loss and loss of appetite
Comments:   simply remember to take medication

Dextroamphetamine review by 36 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   ADD and Depression
Dosage & duration:   60m (dosage frequency: 1 pid) for the period of one month
Other conditions:   anxiety
Other drugs taken:   Cymbalta

Benefits:   Clear headed, Able to complete projects without procastination, 100% help with short-term memory, lessened depression and anxiety, no more obsessive eating, weight loss...
Side effects:   Dry mouth (which is great because I now drink a lot of water instead of sodas because the sodas don't quinch my thirst)
Comments:   I have been on antidepression meds for 15 years, but my depression persisted regardless of the treatment. I used to sleep 12-16 hours per day and was always tired and fatigued when awake. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea 5 years ago, but even sleeping with CPAP did not help with my daytime fatigue. After seeing MANY family practitioners, I finally broke down and INVESTED in a very well educated Psychiatrist who diagnoed me with ADD since childhood. His decision to prescribe Vyvanse was brilliant! I feel better than ever and am totally clear headed and able to consentrate. For the first time in as long as I can remember, I can think normally! No more racing thoughts in my head, and my depression and anxiety has all but vanashed! I do still take an antidepressive, but I am CERTAIN that the Vyvanse gave the antidepression meds the ability to work. I can FINALLY sleep a normal 7 to 9 hours and still be awake and alert throughout my 12-hour work days. I was worried that the Vyvanse would elevate my anxiety level, but the opposite occured! My anxiety is all but absent, and I no longer have the need to continue with my anti-anxiety meds! There is NO SUBSTITUTE for a Doctor who is a specialist in mental health. Spend the money and see! A good Psychiatrist will spend HOURS with you before making a diagnosis, and if Adult ADD is what you have, then give Vyvanse a try. It worked GREAT for me and my live has turned around for the better. It is the best remedy that I have found in 15 years! You MUST take it when you awaken for your day, because it takes about 12-15 hours to get out of your system. If you take it later in the day - you will experaince insomnia. Ask your SPECIALIST about Vyvanse...

Dextroamphetamine review by 27 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   ADD
Dosage & duration:   10mg taken 4 times daily for the period of 2 months
Other conditions:   Depression
Other drugs taken:   Lexapro

Benefits:   Smoother more gradual onset and effect than Adderall. Effective at controlling ADD symptoms previously controlled by Adderall however this drug seems more natural and transparent. Less tension and anxiety. Less "druggy" unnatural feelings and thoughts.
Side effects:   Dexerine IR tablets need to be taken more often than adderall and also wear off more abruptly. Generic tablets are not high quality and somewhat expensive due to the need for a large quantity of tablets.
Comments:   Switched from Adderall to Dexedrine to compare the effects. Dexedrine is simply dextroamphetamine while Adderall is a mixture of Amphetamine salts. This might explain the increased effectiveness of the Dexedrine contrary to popular belief. I found it important to take several relatively low doses frequently to achieve a balanced effect.