Cyproheptadine (Cyproheptadine) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Cyproheptadine reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 3 ratings/reviews, Cyproheptadine has an overall score of 6.33. The effectiveness score is 8.67 and the side effect score is 6.67. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Cyproheptadine review by 20 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Allergy to trauma to the face.
Dosage & duration:   25 (dosage frequency: i took it every night) for the period of everyday for about 2 months

Benefits:   What I really like about this medication is that it cleared up my sinuses. I no longer experience the tingling feeling that I had in my cheeks and around my lip area. I am also very happy that the medication helped me with my allergies to dust and to the effects of dry air on my nose. It stopped my nightly nose bleeds.
Side effects:   There were two side effects to the drug. The first side effect was that I was very drowsy. I knew that this would be a side effect and so that is why I took the medication about a half hour to an hour before bed. Another side effect was an increase in appetite. I gained a few pounds because of an increase in appetite.
Comments:   For the treatment I was given a few options as to how I could take the medication. One option was to take 1/4 of the medicine at night and take a tablet of Zyrtec during the day time. Another option was that I could take 1/4 at night without the Zyrtec during the day. I was also allowed to take 1/2 a table to 1 whole tablet daily. I tried all of these and the one that worked the best for me was taking 1/2 a tablet at night everyday.

Cyproheptadine review by 26 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   allergy, runny nose, hay fever
Dosage & duration:   4mg x 3 taken 1 tablet a day for the period of 3 times separately, but stopped
Other drugs taken:   no

Benefits:   It stopped running nose and sneezing.
Side effects:   Terrible drowsiness and weakness, I could sleep all day then
Comments:   Just one pill and then I was unadequate on daytime, I had to stop, I didn't understand what happened and when with new doze drowsiness appeared again I understood what the problem was, and the third time I just tested to be sure, that I can't function normally with this drug, although it stopped running nose.

Cyproheptadine review by 30 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   Allergies
Dosage & duration:   4mg taken 3x per day for the period of 4 months

Benefits:   reduction of itching which was caused by seasonal allergies. Itching was primarily on skin around elbows and also sinus congestion.
Side effects:   The main side-effects were extreme drowsiness and dry mouth. This became less prevalent as time went on.
Comments:   I was taking 4mg tablets three times per day. one in morning, one in afternoon, one in the evening.