Cozaar (Losartan) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Cozaar (Losartan) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 4 ratings/reviews, Cozaar has an overall score of 9.25. The effectiveness score is 9.50 and the side effect score is 9.50. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Cozaar review by 56 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   blood pressure
Dosage & duration:   100 mg daily taken daily for the period of 5 years
Other conditions:   hypothyroid
Other drugs taken:   atenolol, furosimide, procrit, hectorol, ferrous sulfate, sodium polystyrene sulfonte, ecotrin, leoy

Benefits:   Lower blood pressure
Side effects:   None
Comments:   Cozaar, an angeotensin receptor blocker, lowered my blood pressure without side effects.

Cozaar review by 56 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   high blood pressure
Dosage & duration:   50 mg taken one time a day for the period of over 9 years
Other conditions:   Crohn's disease
Other drugs taken:   Boniva

Benefits:   Within a few weeks of starting, my pressure was under control and has remained that way for over 5 years.
Side effects:   I had no side effects that I noticed.
Comments:   I was diagnosed with high blood pressure (145/90) over 10 years ago, a few years after experiencing early menopause. Severe headaches were also commmon. First treatment: dietary changes and increasing daily exercise--not adequate; in fact, it increased. I was prescribed Cozaar, 50 mg/day, with the reminder that the first dosage tried was rarely the correct one. In my case, it was and I get checked now every 6 months. My blood pressure stays around 118/70 range.

Cozaar review by 57 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   High Blood Pressure
Dosage & duration:   100 mg taken 1 per day for the period of almost 3 weeks
Other conditions:   GERD
Other drugs taken:   Atenolol

Benefits:   I must have tried 15 different blood pressure meds over the last 7 years. None of them worked. I was on Benicar, but the insurance no longer covered it. So my Dr. switched me to Losartan. WOW, what a difference. I now have perfectly normal blood pressure.
Side effects:   None
Comments:   See above.

Cozaar review by 67 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Blood Pressure
Dosage & duration:   50 MG taken once a day for the period of 3 Months

Benefits:   Did lower my blood pressure after about 3 weeks. Remained lower during remainder of course and after the treatment ended.
Side effects:   No significant side-effects in my experience. Some mild diarrhea at the beginning of the course, nothing really after the first couple of days.
Comments:   Once a day for three months to treat high blood pressure.