Compazine (Prochlorperazine) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Compazine (Prochlorperazine) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 2 ratings/reviews, Compazine has an overall score of 1. The effectiveness score is 4 and the side effect score is 2. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Compazine review by 20 year old female patient

Side effects:   Extremely Severe Side Effects

Condition / reason:   Morning sickness/nausea
Dosage & duration:   Unknown (dosage frequency: twice) for the period of 1 day
Other conditions:   Pregnant

Benefits:   None
Side effects:   Psuedo Parkinsons/tardive dyskinesia extreme mucle spasms. It was the most terrifying experience I've ever hard. I was literally launching off the bed and nearly unable to talk. I was 3 months pregnant at the time.
Comments:   It was given to me in the hospital in the form of an injection and they had to administer benadryl to counteract

Compazine review by 35 year old female patient

Side effects:   Extremely Severe Side Effects

Condition / reason:   Headache
Dosage & duration:   Intravenous (dosage frequency: one time) for the period of one time
Other conditions:   Headache, nausea, vomiting

Benefits:   It did get rid of my headache.
Side effects:   Severe. I started to feel anxiety, then intense panic. I wanted to crawl out of my skin, thought about jumping out the window. Had to constantly talk myself down so that I wouldn't pull my IV out. Told by the doctor this was normal and was released. Paced my house for the next 6 hours until it wore off.
Comments:   none