Clindamycin (Clindamycin) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Clindamycin reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 8 ratings/reviews, Clindamycin has an overall score of 3.12. The effectiveness score is 6.50 and the side effect score is 4.50. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Clindamycin review by 54 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   dental surgery
Dosage & duration:   500 mg taken 3 times day for the period of 1 week

Benefits:   IT WAS supposed to help after major dental surgery? I HAD ALL MY UPPER TEETH EXTRACTED, AND 4 TEETH EXTRACTED FROM MY LOWER TEETH. I HAD ROOT PLANING DONE ON BOTH UPPER AND LOWER MOUTH. SURGERY WAS DONE WITH TWILIGHT SLEEP ON AN OUT PATIENT BASIS. I HAVE A BEAUTIFUL MOUTH NOW AND EVEN MY GUM DISEASE IS IMPROVING,
Side effects:   major rash over most of my body (75%), took 2 weeks to go away. Low grade fever (100.) for the first few days after rash appeared.
Comments:   500 mg. 3 times a day

Clindamycin review by 51 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Sinusitus/ Double ear infection
Dosage & duration:   300 mg 2 x day taken 2 x day for the period of 2 weeks
Other conditions:   Cough and congestion
Other drugs taken:   Tenormin

Benefits:   Not much at all for what I had going on
Side effects:   Bad heartburn, nausea, and overall ill feeling at times
Comments:   I was going to include here that if anyone is ever taking an antibiotic or drug that was prescribed to them and they experience any hives, vomiting, or rash of any kind they should cease taking that drug as they most likely are ALLERGIC TO IT. Always read your instructions you get with your prescription that the pharmacy gives you. HIVES, or RASH ALL OVER BODY NAUSEA WITH VOMITING STOP taking drug as you are most likely allergic to it and cannot take it!!

Clindamycin review by 29 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   Throat Infection
Dosage & duration:   300MG taken 4 times a day for the period of 4 days
Other conditions:   nothing
Other drugs taken:   Benzydamine (Mouthwash)

Benefits:   Throat infection cleared up by the 2nd day of treatment.
Side effects:   Esophageal irritation making it really painful to have anything like tea or eating anything hot because it feels like it's scraping your esophagus before it reaches your stomach.
Comments:   One 300MG pill of Clindamycin, along with two Advils followed by gargling the Benzydamine, four times a day. To be taken with food.

Clindamycin review by 21 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Staph Infection
Dosage & duration:   150mg taken four times a day for the period of 7 days
Other conditions:   Asthma, allergies, eczema, GERD
Other drugs taken:   Reactine, Pantaloc, Advair

Benefits:   My staph infection on my neck and legs started to clear up pretty quickly... within the 2nd day i noticed a huge difference.
Side effects:   i was scared to death to take this medication after i read what other people wrote about this drug... however.. for me it was not that bad... the first 2 doses I had some headaches/dizziness... I think I was just getting used to the drug... it is pretty strong... no stomach issues until day 5 out of 7... a bit of abdominal pain..but nothing major... id rather get rid of the itchy staph infection and suffer with the minor side effects.
Comments:   Taking the drug and putting on topical mupurocin.

Clindamycin review by 61 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Post dental work
Dosage & duration:   25 mg taken 1/day for the period of 10 days
Other conditions:   Arthritis

Benefits:   Initial signs of infection appeared to be treated effectively.
Side effects:   After a few days on this medication, it caused persistent diarrhea lasting several weeks.
Comments:   Medication prescribed after root canal dental work to treat initial symptoms of infection. While infection did not occur, diarrhea was so persistent that I had to seek medical treatment. Will not take this again.

Clindamycin review by 64 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   oral surgery; extraction, implants
Dosage & duration:   300mgm every 8 hrs. taken every 8 hrs. for the period of 7 days

Benefits:   How would I know? I guess it prevented a bad infection.
Side effects:   None--until the 3rd to 4th day when I experienced HORRIBLE esophagitis. and heartburn which felt like a big air bubble in the middle of my chest---at first I thought it was a heart attack.
Comments:   I know this was prescribed because I'm allergic to penicillin and was having dental surgery. BUT given the side effects and the pain I would NOT take it again. A pharmacist advised me to take Prilosec q.a.m. and an antacid between doses. It helped a bit, but I would have asked for another medicine if it had been earlier in the treatment.

Clindamycin review by 45 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   prophylaxis after oral surgery
Dosage & duration:   300 mg. taken 3 times per day for the period of 7 days

Benefits:   I really don't know if there are any, since I'm taking it prophylactically.
Side effects:   For the first 2 or 3 days I was hungry all the time, I think I've gained weight. I'm on day 5, and now I feel bloated and full, have a little heartburn, food doesn't taste right, and bad taste in mouth. When I belch or pass gas it smells terrible. I wouldn't call it diarrhea, but I'm going more often, and it's just weird. I'll finish the drug, but I don't think I'd take it again.
Comments:   Taking it to prevent infection after dental implant surgery.

Clindamycin review by 44 year old male patient

Side effects:   Extremely Severe Side Effects

Condition / reason:   STAPHF INFECTION
Dosage & duration:   1 pill taken 4 times a day for the period of 14 days

Benefits:   infection cleared up in a week
Side effects:   30 days after finishing the meds i had severe abdominal pains, and was then diagnosed with diverticulitis[hemroids of the colon i was unable to work for 3 and a half months it is now 6 years later and im about to have part of my colon removed due to inflamation of the diverticulitis , the last 6 years have been a living hell from pain to constipation and diareia i hope this works as the drug changed my life from very heathy to very sick and on my death bed twice once from anafalactic shock to the most recent,an abbsessed liver which im still dealing with so i can have my operation and see if i can get rid of the constant pain i,v been in for 6 years. I WOULD NOT WISH THIS ON MY WORST ENEMY
Comments:   4 times a day for 14 days the pain