Atarax (Hydroxyzine) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Atarax (Hydroxyzine) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 3 ratings/reviews, Atarax has an overall score of 4. The effectiveness score is 4.67 and the side effect score is 6.67. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Atarax review by 54 year old female patient

Side effects:   Extremely Severe Side Effects

Condition / reason:   Hives
Dosage & duration:   don't remember (dosage frequency: every day) for the period of a week
Other conditions:   thyroid
Other drugs taken:   synthroid

Benefits:   Synthroid aggravated my hives, tremendously.
Side effects:   The front of my legs were hot, swollen, and rashy.
Comments:   Atarax was prescribed for my hives, and the second day, I started having a bad reaction!

Atarax review by 28 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   anxiety
Dosage & duration:   25mg taken 3 times a day for the period of 2 months
Other conditions:   insomnia

Benefits:   oh there was benefits, I did not have allergys and my my heart rate was down.
Side effects:   There was dry mouth and some insomnia.. I also felt I was having anxiety attacks
Comments:   Well, it all started back when I was fishing for jims and johns google which nothing seemed static relativity bound night train into fox holes stuck like glue into a world of hybrid horses, far from the eye can see in marlboro land once before the blue moon on the buildings outer limit limo taxi service system.

Atarax review by 57 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   itching/psosiasis
Dosage & duration:   25mg taken 2 times dayly for the period of 35yrs
Other conditions:   hypertention, diabetes, AS
Other drugs taken:   lyrica,gemfibrozol,glipizide,lasix,amlodipine,asprin,lisinopril,januvia,lipitor

Benefits:   It calms down the need to scratch,,gives me the ability to sleep at night,,,it also relieves my alergy symptoms(cough,sneezing,running nose)in general,,it keeps me from going out of my mind...When I don't use itthe itching will drive me up the wall. It mellows my mood,allowing me to act and react with others..
Side effects:   After reading all of the side affects listed on this website,,I conclude I had no sideaffects from Atarax
Comments:   I have been taking one or two 25mg Atarax for 35 years