Below are Amitriptyline reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Amitriptyline review by 26 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Migrains and frequent migrain auras
Dosage & duration:   25mg taken every night before bedtime for the period of I have been taking its for 3 months now
Other conditions:   tention headaches, back pain
Other drugs taken:   Axert to prevent a migrain attack in progress

Benefits:   This medication has greatly improved my quality of life. I have experience no side effects and wake up in the morning feeling well rested and ready for the days tasks.
Side effects:   I haven't experienced any side effects. Because my migrains are believed to be initialy caused by a hormonal inbalance, I will need to take this medication until menopause. To be honest im not too thrilled. I would like to continue taking this medication, but, suposidly you can't take it while your pregnant. I am also very worried about the suposid withdrawl symptoms. My doctor did not advise me about this and to be honest my doctor made it seem as if this medication was not a big deal at all. My only question is, in the larger scheme of things, how bad is this medication?
Comments:   Before I took this medication I began experiencing random nausia, light headedness etc. If I didn't know any better I would have thought I was pregnant. This type of symptoms led to frequent headaches and sleep deprivation. These headaches would stay for days and sometimes result in a intense migraine. At this point I was no longer myself having anxiety issues due to not knowing when or how to stop migrain attacks if I was out and about by myself. Since taking Amatriptyline I feel like me again. It's a funny feeling when you forget what it feels like to be healthy.

Amitriptyline review by 33 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   chronic back pain from herniated disc
Dosage & duration:   50mg once a day at bedtime taken 2 weeks now for the period of still taking
Other conditions:   hopeless, depression, contstant pain
Other drugs taken:   percocet 10/325

Benefits:   painless sound sleep with painless days
Side effects:   a little groggy when waking the first week
Comments:   I was ready to give up. Injured in a motorcycle wreck with unstable pelvic fracture and 2 herniated disc. Received 2 screws in sacro illiac joint and suffered for 2 years before asking my dr to try this drug. The narcotics helped for a little while but became tolerant quickly. Needed more and more until I ran out early and suffered miserable withdrawals. This drug is a godsend and I am now cutting back and hope to stop the percs alltogether. God Bless You and your Life