Allegra-D (Fexofenadine / Pseudoephedrine) - Reviews, Ratings, Comments by Patients

Below are Allegra-D (Fexofenadine / Pseudoephedrine) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. Based on a total of 2 ratings/reviews, Allegra D has an overall score of 9. The effectiveness score is 9 and the side effect score is 8. The scores are on ten point scale: 10 - best, 1 - worst. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Allegra-D review by 23 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   Allergies
Dosage & duration:   1 tablet taken once per day for the period of 6 years
Other conditions:   muscle spasms
Other drugs taken:   Cyclobenzaprine

Benefits:   Taking Allegra-D once in the morning manages my allergy symptoms for the entire day. Allegra-D alleviates my nasal congestion, itchy nose, throat, and eyes, and my post-nasal drip. It also helps prevent sinus infections by keeping me decongested, which I am prone to.
Side effects:   Appetite suppression, slightly dry nose and mouth, sometimes raises my blood-pressure
Comments:   I take Allegra-D everyday to help alleviate my allergy symptoms. During peak allergy season for me (Spring), I take Allegra-D twice per day. When my nasal congestion is worse than average, I also use the nose spray Astelin in conjunction with Allegra-D for added decongestion.

Allegra-D review by 24 year old female patient

Dosage & duration:   1 pill taken every morning for the period of 2 years
Other conditions:   deviated septum
Other drugs taken:   femcon, astelin

Benefits:   Allegra-D successfully alleviates most of my allergy symptoms (runny nose, itchy eyes, headache, nasal congestion, post-nasal drip). On occasion additional use of Astelin nose spray helps when my allergies are especially bad. After taking Allegra-D regularly my chronic sinus infections have ceased, as have my allergy related headaches. I wouldn’t be able to make it through late spring (my worst allergy season) without Allegra-D.
Side effects:   The main side effect that I experience with Allegra-D is loss of appetite. This actually helped me lose the 10 pounds I put on in college. I started taking Allegra-D two years ago before graduation and I lost the weight in about three months. I have a healthy appetite while on Allegra-D--it just seems to cut my cravings for junk. Regular Allegra without the decongestant does not have this effect. My brother also experiences this effect, but my friend does not, so it's relative. Also, Allegra-D causes a slight spike in my blood pressure sometimes, but not always.
Comments:   I take Allegra-D once every morning an hour before eating. When my allergies are especially bad I take Allegra-D once in the morning and once at night. I take Allegra-D every day during allergy season (spring) and as needed the rest of the year.

Allegra-D review by 40 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   allergies
Dosage & duration:   one tablet a day taken once a day - 24 hour dosage for the period of past year to present
Other conditions:   swollen sinus, sneezing
Other drugs taken:   Astelin nasal spray

Benefits:   Overall, the medication eliminated the allergies immediately. As it is a 24 hour dosage, it is time-released. This can pose a problem if you are in a vulnerable, intense area where allergies are very sensitive. I have requested the 12-hour dosage as sometimes the Allegra-D 24 hours is simply to spanned out throughout the day and night.
Side effects:   As the 24 hours period ends, the allergies are intense quickly. It's important to almost overlap doses as the it has literally exhausted itself towards the end. As it is a strong antihistamine, dry sinuses and skin occurred for me.
Comments:   Allegra D 24 hour tablets - take once every day at the same time every day. I have level 5 allergies to molds and ragweed pollen (tree pollen). These are significant in August-October until there is a frost. Sneezing, coughing, watery eyes, painful headaches are all effects of allergies. The AllegraD was prescribed by my doctor along with the Astelin nasal spray (topical antihistamine)to stop the symptoms.

Allegra-D review by 34 year old male patient

Condition / reason:   Seasonal Allergies
Dosage & duration:   60mg fexofenadine, 120mg pseudoephedrine taken 2x/day for the period of 2 weeks
Other drugs taken:   Flonase spray

Benefits:   It greatly reduced by seasonal allergy symptoms during the worst part of the season (August), including reduced itchy eyes and throat, sneezing, and sinus congestion, pressure, and pain.
Side effects:   None.
Comments:   I was prescribed Allegra-D by my doctor because I failed to respond sufficiently to OTC allergy medications at the time. It was August and my allergies were at their worst. I loved the convenience of a twice a day pill that had decongestant in it. Sinus congestion and pressure is probably the worst part of my allergies and this product, combined with Flonase, did a better job than any OTC remedy, except for perhaps 12 hour Afrin-type sprays with oxymetazoline, which are about equally effective for sinus congestion but can only be used for a few days in a row.

Allegra-D review by 37 year old female patient

Dosage & duration:   10 mg taken twice a day for the period of one year

Benefits:   I found that my allergy symptoms dissipated. I was no longer sneezing or had a runny nose.
Side effects:   I did have difficulty sleeping as well as had some heart palpitations. I also still woke up feeling fatigued as a reult of my allergies.
Comments:   I was told to take a pill twice a day.

Allegra-D review by 37 year old female patient

Dosage & duration:   10 mg taken once a day for the period of one year

Benefits:   My allergies symptoms were reduced.I was no longer sneezing or congested. However, my fatigue still remained and I would wake up in the morning feeling very tired.
Side effects:   I had Difficulty sleeping at night as well as had some heart palpitations.
Comments:   I was to take the drug twice a day if needed.

Allegra-D review by 31 year old female patient

Dosage & duration:   10mg taken once per day for the period of 10 yrs
Other conditions:   migraines
Other drugs taken:   excedrin

Benefits:   The treatment benefits for allergies are relief of itching, irritated eyes and nose, congestion and lethargy. The treatment benefits for headache are that I sometimes experience some relief if Excedrin is taken early enough, at the onset of the headache or before it begins.
Side effects:   Taking excedrin for menstrual migraines is really not very effective. These migraines are thought to be caused from change in hormone levels, last 2-3 days/month, and can be completely debilitating.
Comments:   take allergy medication in the AM. Take headache medicine at the onset of the headache

Allegra-D review by 45 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   allergies all year
Dosage & duration:   12 hours (dosage frequency: 2 x per day) for the period of 15 years

Benefits:   I have taken prescription allegra-d for 15 years. OTC allegra-d is not the same as prescription strenth. I have had terrible problems since they discontinued prescription.
Side effects:   heart palpations and dry mouth
Comments:   I took this twice a day without relief. I went to the 24 hour and still did not receive relief. The cost of OTC is same a prescription. It's basically $1 a pill.