Below are Advair Discus (Fluticasone / Salmeterol Xinafoate) reviews, ratings, comments submitted by patients and caregivers. This information is not vetted and should not be cosidered as clinical evidence.

Advair Discus review by 40 year old female patient

Condition / reason:   asthma
Dosage & duration:   50/150 mg taken 1 daily for the period of 2 years
Other conditions:   allergies

Benefits:   Advair allows me to breath better which allowed me to walk further, exercise regularly and I did not develop colds as frequently. It also reduced wheezing which is a common occurance associated with asthma. Since taking the medication, I have not had a severe asthma attack; the medication prevents this from happening. It is said that if used regularly, the symptoms of asthma will lessen over time and the need to take it may eventually fade.
Side effects:   I experienced minimal side effects as a result of taking advair. The one drawback associated with taking the medication is that it is delayed relief of asthma symptoms upon taking it. However, Once the medication starts working there is long term effects sometimes lasting 2-3 days. I did not experience any of the potential side effects listed on the warning label.
Comments:   My physician explained that this medicine would probably have to be taken indefinently. although I was instructed to take is everyday regardless of whether or not a have symptoms associated with asthma. I found that 1 every 2-3 days was more effective for me. It seems the medications long-term effects reduced the frequency of use. I have to go back to my physician every 3 months or so for a check-up to ensure there are no negative side effects present as a result of taking the medication.