- NSAIDs may cause an increased risk of serious cardiovascular thrombotic events, myocardial infarction, and stroke, which can be fatal. This risk may increase with duration of use. Patients with cardiovascular disease or risk factors for cardiovascular disease may be at greater risk. (see WARNINGS) .
- DAYPRO® is contraindicated for treatment of peri-operative pain in the setting of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery (see WARNINGS).
- NSAID's cause an increased risk of serious gastrointestinal adverse events including bleeding, ulceration, and perforation of the stomach or intestines, which can be fatal. These events can occur at any time during use and without warning symptoms. Elderly patients are at greater risk for serious gastrointestinal events(see WARNINGS).
(oxaprozin) 600mg Caplets
DAYPRO (oxaprozin) is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), chemically designated as 4,5-diphenyl-2-oxazole-propionic acid, and has the following chemical structure.
Carefully consider the potential benefits and risks of DAYPRO and other treatment options before deciding to use DAYPRO. Use the lowest effective dose for the shortest duration consistent with individual patient treatment goals (see WARNINGS).
DAYPRO is indicated:
- For relief of the signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis
- For relief of the signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- For relief of the signs and symptoms of juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
Published Studies Related to Daypro (Oxaprozin)
Analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects of oxaprozin and naproxen sodium after removal of impacted lower third molars: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled crossover study. [2010.05]
PURPOSE: In this study, oxaprozin, a long-acting nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, and naproxen sodium were compared in terms of their effects on edema, pain, and trismus after surgery for impacted mandibular third molars... CONCLUSIONS: Administration of either oxaprozin or naproxen sodium during the postoperative period is effective and has similar effects in reducing pain but questionable benefit for the management of trismus. However, neither agent has clinical benefit in terms of reducing edema. Crown Copyright 2010. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Improvement of oxaprozin solubility and permeability by the combined use of cyclodextrin, chitosan, and bile components. [2011.08]
The effect of the combined use of randomly methylated beta-cyclodextrin (RAMEB), chitosan (CS), and bile components (dehydrocholic (DHCA) or ursodeoxycholic (UDCA) acids and their sodium salts) on solubility and permeability through Caco-2 cells of oxaprozin (a very poorly water-soluble non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) has been investigated.
A review of the emerging profile of the anti-inflammatory drug oxaprozin. [2005.05]
Oxaprozin is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug characterised by a propionic acid-based structure... As monocyte-macrophages and NF-kappaB pathways are crucial for synthesis of proinflammatory and histotoxic mediators in inflamed joints, oxaprozin appears to be endowed with pharmacodynamic properties exceeding those presently assumed as markers of classical nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
Reports of Suspected Daypro (Oxaprozin) Side Effects
Drug Hypersensitivity (5),
Cerebrovascular Accident (3),
Speech Disorder (2),
Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (2),
Contusion (1), more >>
Page last updated: 2011-12-09