AZACTAM drug label information in our database does not contain a dedicated section on drug interactions. Please check subsections of WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS as well as other sources.
If necessary, aztreonam may be cleared from the serum by hemodialysis and/or peritoneal dialysis.
This preparation is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to aztreonam or any other component in the formulation.
- Naber KG, Dette GA, Kees F, Knothe H, Grobecker H. Pharmacokinetics, in vitro activity, therapeutic efficacy, and clinical safety of aztreonam vs. cefotaxime in the treatment of complicated urinary tract infections. J Antimicrob Chemother 1986; 17:517-527.
- Creasey WA, Platt TB, Frantz M, Sugerman AA. Pharmacokinetics of aztreonam in elderly male volunteers. Br J Clin Pharmacol 1985; 19:233-237.
- Meyers BR, Wilkinson P, Mendelson MH, et al. Pharmacokinetics of aztreonam in healthy elderly and young adult volunteers. J Clin Pharmacol 1993; 33:470-474.
- Sattler FR, Schramm M, Swabb EA. Safety of aztreonam and SQ 26,992 in elderly patients with renal insufficiency. Rev Infect Dis 1985; 7 (suppl 4):S622-S627.
- National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards. Methods for Dilution Antimicrobial Susceptibility Tests for Bacteria that Grow Aerobically —Fifth Edition. Approved Standard NCCLS Document M7-A5, Vol. 20, No. 2, NCCLS, Wayne, PA, January 2000.
- National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards. Performance Standards for Antimicrobial Disk Susceptibility Tests —Seventh Edition. Approved Standard NCCLS Document M2-A7, Vol. 20, No. 1, NCCLS, Wayne, PA, January 2000.
- Deger F, Douchamps J, Freschi E, et al. Aztreonam in the treatment of serious gram-negative infections in the elderly. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther and Toxicol 1988; 26: 22-26.
- Knockaert DC, Dejaeger E, Nestor L, et al. Aztreonam-flucloxacillin double beta-lactam treatment as empirical therapy of serious infections in very elderly patients. Age and Aging 1981; 20:135-139.
- Roelandts F. Clinical use of aztreonam in a psychogeriatric population. Acta Clin Belg 1992; 47:251-255.
- Andrews R, Fasoli R, Scoggins WG, et al. Combined aztreonam and gentamicin therapy for pseudomonal lower respiratory tract infections. Clin Therap 1994; 16:236-252.
- National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards. Performance Standards for Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing —Eleventh Informational Supplement, NCCLS Document M100-S11, Vol. 21, No. 1, NCCLS, Wayne, PA, January 2001.
AZACTAM® is a registeredtrademark of Bristol-Myers Squibb Company licensed exclusively in the US to EPI.
Galaxy, Dianeal, Plasma-Lyte, and Travert are registered trademarks of Baxter International Inc.
Ionosol® and Normosol® are registered trademarks of Abbott Laboratories Corporation.
Isolyte® is a registered trademark of McGaw Inc.
AZACTAM® (aztreonam injection) in GALAXY plastic container (PL 2040) is
manufactured to Bristol-Myers Squibb
Baxter Healthcare Corporation
Deerfield, IL 60015
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Princeton, NJ 08543
Elan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
San Diego, CA 92121 USA
© 2004 Elan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Revised January 2007
-- advertisement --